Delhi Technological University, DTU, Delhi
Shahbad Daulatpur, Main Bawana Road
Email: email@example.com Website: www.dtu.ac.in
The inspiration for upgrading Delhi College of Engineering into a Technological University in the NCT of Delhi is derived from the fact that in the new Knowledge Age creation and dissemination of knowledge, capabilities of utilizing knowledge to cause quantum jump in quality, performance and service to industry and society and thus, creating a better tomorrow has to be the hallmark of science, engineering and technology education in India. Such an effort when encapsulate with the agile layers of scientific values, unclenching faith in research integrity and professional morality ensures growth, prosperity and happiness around the world. Such an academic environment, in fact, need to be created in the temples of higher learning, specially in Universities and Institutions imparting professional education.
Ph.D. (Session January 2019) [Departments of Mechanical Engineering., Information Technology, Environmental engineering, Electrical engineering, Electronics & communication engineering, Humanities, Delhi school of management, Computer Science & Engineering, Civil engineering, Biotechnology, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, Applied chemistry & Polymer Science & Technology]
The applicant for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall be classified under any one of the following categories which will be decided and recommended by DRC/SRC.
4.1 Full-time Research student/Candidate
(a) Full Time University Research student/candidate (with scholarship or without scholarship). Full-Time students without scholarship can be admitted over and above the seat matrix. The number of such seats will be based on suitability of candidates and availability of slot with prospective supervisors.
(b) Full Time Sponsored Research student/candidate fully financed by the Govt./SemiGovernment Organizations like QIP, CSIR, UGC, NET, DAE, DST, DBT, NBHM, ICCR, ICAR, ICMR, GPAT, NDF, INSPIRE etc., Govt./ Private funded Research/Development Organisation, Public Sector Undertaking, Educational Institution or a reputed industry etc. These seats with scholarship from other agencies shall be over and above the seat matrix with University scholarship.
(c) Full Time Sponsored Research student/candidate nominated by the organization having MOU with the University, foreign students who apply through Ministry of Human Resource Development or under a Cultural Exchange Scholarship Programme by Government of India.
4.2 Part-Time Research student/candidate
a) Research student/Candidate working in other organizations which have MOU with Delhi Technological University
b) Faculty or Scientists from Educational Institutions, R&D organizations, and Govt. Department/Govt. Undertaking, provided that the application possesses the minimum eligibility qualifications for the degree.
4.3 Candidate/ Staff under R & D project
Project staff under projects sponsored by DST/ UGC/ any government agency, industry or centres established from grant in aid from government or international agencies at University.
4.4 Research student/Candidate working as a regular employee
Permanent academic staff of the Delhi Technological University (including the academic staff of erstwhile Delhi College of Engineering).
1) An applicant possessing a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/ Sciences/ Management/Humanities and Social Sciences in relevant discipline or equivalent with a minimum 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) as determined by the Delhi Technological University shall be eligible to apply for admission to a Ph.D. programme of the University.
2) In exceptional cases applicant with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology having a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA and having proven research capability may also be considered eligible.
3) Five percent (5%) relaxation in marks at the level of qualifying degree will be given to SC/ST category students for determining the eligibility conditions to apply for Ph.D admission.
4) Part-time applicants will be considered as per 4.2 and will be eligible if
· the applicant possesses the minimum eligibility qualifications for the degree as given as per 5(1).
· the applicant is in position to complete mandatory course requirements along with regular counterparts;
· the applicant proves to the satisfaction of the University that his official duties permits him to devote sufficient time to research;
· facilities for research are available at the applicant's place of work in the chosen field of research or the applicant can spare sufficient time to pursue research in the Department of the Delhi Technological University on daily basis, residing in the vicinity of the University; and
· he/she will be required to reside at the Delhi Technological University for a period of not less than 6 months during his admission period for the Ph.D. programme. (This condition of minimum residence will be automatically waived for candidates who are working in National Capital Region (NCR) of Delhi or in organisations/institutions located within a distance of 50 km from the Delhi Technological University).
5) The candidate seeking admission to Ph.D. programme as project fellow at Delhi Technological University may be given administrative clearance to seek admission on full time / part time basis subject to recommendations of the concerned Principal Investigator of the said project/centre and approval of the Vice Chancellor, if the candidate is selected in project as project fellow through proper selection. However, he/she must fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria. No relaxation will be given in screening test.
6) Permanent academic staff of the Delhi Technological University (including the academic staff of erstwhile Delhi College of Engineering) may be given administrative clearance to seek registration on part-time basis subject to recommendations of the concerned head of the department and approval of the Vice Chancellor. However, the applicant must fulfil minimum eligibility criteria.
No relaxation will be given in screening test, except for the special cases as given below at 6(3) in selection procedure.
6. SELECTION PROCEDURE
1) The short listing of applications possessing the minimum educational qualifications, for the purpose of screening test & interview will be done by respective departments in consultation with the Ph.D. Coordinator nominated by the ViceChancellor.
2) The cut off for the screening test for short listing the candidates for the interview will be decided by the University. Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the interview, the DRC will recommend the names of candidates to the Dean PG.
3) Screening test shall be waived only for valid UGC/CSIR/DST/JRF fellowship holders, foreign students who apply through MHRD and foreign students under cultural exchange scholarship programme (ICCR).
Note: The admission in the above mode (after waiving off the screening test) will be on provisional basis and if at any stage it is found, that the candidate is not able get the scholarship, his/ her admission will stand cancelled. No request in this regard will be entertained. The candidate will have to give an undertaking for the purpose.
4) All the shortlisted candidates on the basis of screening test are required to come along with small power point presentation on the topic of their interest during the interview.
How to Apply:
Instruction to fill Online Ph.D application form:
· Please ensure that you are filling genuine application form available online at DTU website.
· Please ensure your eligibility as per the criteria laid down for DTU for the chosen program.
· The fee for registration is Rs. 1000/- (for GEN/OBC) and Rs. 500/- (for SC/ST/PWD). Online transaction charges extra as per banking gateway.
· Note: Registration fee once paid is non-refundable.
· The Scanned images of photograph, signature should be in jpg/jpeg/png format only. The scanned images of documents should be in pdf format only.
(a) Size of the photo image must be greater than 4kb and less than 100kb.
(b) Size of the signature image must be greater than 1kb and less than 40kb.
(c) Size of the document image must be greater than 1kb and less than 1mb.
· Complete admission form to be filled by applicant to enable registration fee payment button on form.
· Once the registration fee paid you can download your acknowledgement slip via attachement sent to the email id that you have mentioned in admission form.
· If any applicants wish to apply more than one department than they have to fill separate admission form for each department and pay fee separately for each form.
· In case of incomplete form or form closed due to some error, applicants have to fill fresh form.
Last date for Online Registration and fee deposit: 3rd December, 2018, 12:00 Midnight
Display of list of eligible candidates for written test on DTU website: 10th December, 2018, Monday
Date of screening test: 15th December, 2018 and 17th December, 2018, Saturday & Monday
Declaration of result on DTU website: 17th December, 2018, Monday
Dates for Interview: 24th December, 2018 & 26th December, 2018, Monday & Wednesday
To know more Information about this course please visit: www.dtu.ac.in