Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, BARC, Mumbai
Department of Atomic Energy
Trombay, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Phone-No: 91-22-25505050 25505010
Fax: 91-22-25505151 25519613
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.barc.gov.in
Dr. Homi Jehangir Bhabha was the visionary who conceptulised the Indian Nuclear Programme and along with a handful of Scientists initiated the nuclear science research in India in March, 1944. He envisaged the vast potential of nuclear energy and its possible successful utilization in the field of power generation and allied areas. Dr. Bhabha started working with the goal of achieving self reliance in the fields of nuclear science and engineering and today’s Department of Atomic Energy which is a consortium of different and diversified fields of science and engineering is the final outcome of the farsighted planning of Dr. Bhabha. Thus, in his own words “When Nuclear Energy has been successfully applied for power production in, say a couple of decades from now, India will not have to look abroad for its experts but will find them ready at hand”.
Diploma in Medical Radioisotope Techniques (DMRIT)
Duration: 1 Year
· B.Sc. with Physics / Chemistry / Maths from a recognised University OR
· B.Sc. in Life Sciences with Physics as a subject from recognised University OR
· B.Sc. in Nuclear Medicine from a recognized University OR
· B.Sc. in allied / related subject i.e. Radio Diagnosis (MRT) / Radiotherapy from a recognised University. Candidates should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in Science Subjects at B.Sc. level.
· Not more than 35 years as on 1st May 2019. Upper age limit can be relaxed in the case of SC/ST (5 Years), OBC (3 Years), PWD category (10 Years) and sponsored candidates.
· The candidates with physical disabilities limited to the lower extremities, but permitting to stand and move and physically able to carry out the course requirement only will be considered.
Candidates sponsored by institutions with immediate prospect of post training employment in the same institution can apply if they have 50% aggregate marks in B.Sc. in any of the fields mentioned above.
Common Admission Test (CAT)
· A Common Admission Test for all three courses will be conducted and will comprise of 150 Multiple Choice Questions.
· The CAT syllabus will be drawn from Science Subjects.
3. Maths or Biology of Standard XII or equivalent.
· Minimum marks to qualify will be 50%. The CAT will be held at 11.00 A.M. on 24.11.2019 at HRDD, New Training School Complex, Anushaktinagar, Mumbai–400094.
A merit list of candidates qualifying the CAT will be made and candidates will be called in order of merit to attend Counseling Session for allotment of courses in next three days following CAT.
Admit Card will be generated after the last date for receipt of application. Candidates are required to print Admit Card using their own login details. Without Admit Card, candidates will not be permitted to appear for CAT. The list of selected candidates will be displayed on the BARC website (recruit.barc.gov.in / www.barc.gov.in).
A stipend of 15,000/- p.m. (Rupees Fifteen Thousand Only) is given to each Non-Sponsored trainee.
Award of Diploma
· The Board of Studies shall fix the minimum qualifying marks or grades and other criteria for declaring a student as successful for the award of the Diploma.
· Maximum number of attempts allowed including the first one will be three. The maximum period allowed for completing DMRIT course is two years and the maximum period allowed for completing MSc course is three years.
· The examination result of all the candidates shall be communicated to the Dean, HBNI through Dean-Academic of the Constituent Institute. The successful candidates will be awarded Post Graduate Diploma by HBNI.
How to Apply:
· Facility for submission of online application will be available from 18th October 2019 to 12th November 2019 on website of BARC i.e. https://recruit.barc.gov.in
· Applications will be accepted only through online mode.
· Candidate should read the instructions in the advertisement and online application form carefully before making any entry or selecting any option.
· Before filling the application form, candidates should keep ready the necessary documents/ certificates required.
· Candidate is required to fill up personal details and details of training courses applied for etc. and upload recently taken front facing passport size photograph in JPEG format with size not exceeding 20 KB. Photograph not in conformity with the specification shall render the application liable to be rejected.
· While filling up the online application from candidates should ensure that all the required details are entered.
Last date for receipt of Application: 12th November, 2019
The CAT will be held at 11.00 A.M. on: 24th November, 2019
To know more Information about this course please visit: www.barc.gov.in