Symbiosis International University (SIU), Pune
Estd u,s 3 of the UGC Act 1956 vide notification No.F.9.12,2001-U.3 of the Govt of India, Accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade, Symbiosis Test Secretariat Gram-Lavale, Tal Mulshi, Dist Pune-412115, Tel 020-39116226,27, Telefax 020-39116228
Symbiosis International University (SIU), Pune has announced the exam dates for Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP 2016), which will be conducted in December 2016. The SNAP will be held on Sunday, December 18, 2016. SNAP is conducted for taking admission to Master of Business Administration (MBA) program of SIU institutes for the academic session 2017.
· Graduate from any recognized, Statutory University or Institute with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC, ST)
· Programmes, which require specific discipline, subject specialisation, need to be checked for eligibility as given by the respective Institute
· A candidate who has completed qualifying degree from any Foreign University must obtain an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
· All foreign degrees, qualifications need to be verified from AIU by the candidate before seeking admission to any programme of SIU
SNAP 2016 - Paper Pattern for the Test
The SNAP exam 2016 will comprise in four sections like General English (Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, and Verbal Ability), Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency, (General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario) and Analytical & Logical Reasoning
The maximum marks will be 180 that will be distributed as 40+40+40+60 pattern subsequently and the total number of questions will be 150 in the exam
The duration of the test is 2 hours and all questions will be of multiple type questions. Each wrong answer will be punished with 25% negative marks. The candidates will be suggested to use blue or black ball pen only
Selection Process for SNAP 2016:
On the basis of their overall percentage of SNAP, a cutoff list (category-wise) will be prepared and uploaded on the official website of respective institutes. According to these cut off lists, students will be shortlisted for the GE-PI WAT
List of Test Centers for SNAP 2016:
SNAP Test is conducted in 30 cities all over India. A candidate may choose one city of the following: Agra, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal,Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata,Kolhapur, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Noida, Patna, Pune, Surat, Vashi & Visakhapatnam
Test Centre and its address will be printed on the Admit Card
Reservation Policy: As per the UGC Regulations, Guidelines, following will be the reservation policy for admission to any program of Institutes of SIU (except Symbiosis Institutes of Management Studies, which has separate policy)
a) Within Sanctioned Intake
i) Scheduled Caste (SC): 15%
ii) Scheduled Tribes (ST): 7.5%
iii) Differently Abled: 03%
b) Over & Above Intake
i) Kashmiri Migrants: 02 seats per program
ii) International Candidates: 15%
Candidates applying from categories other than Open Category are required to submit valid supporting document (s) at the time of GE-PIWAT (if shortlisted
How to Apply:
Online payment through Net Banking: The candidate may transfer SNAP test fee to Symbiosis Test Secretariat account using Net Banking option after the registration
Payment through Cash: After online SNAP 2016 registration print ‘Axis Bank or Indian Bank Challan’ from the SNAP website. It is in 3 parts; pay Rs.1500/-in cash at any Axis Bank or Indian Bank branch in your city; (refer to the list of branches on the website)
Paper Pattern for SNAP 2016:
Registration will commence from Monday, August 22, 2016.
Sr. No. Sections Total Marks
1. General English: Reading Comprehension,
Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability 40
2. Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency 40
3. General Awareness: General Knowledge,
Current Affairs, Business Scenario 40
4. Analytical & Logical Reasoning 60
· SNAP test duration is of 120 minutes.
· SNAP test is an objective test. Each question has 4 responses. Candidate should choose an appropriate response. Each wrong answer attracts 25%negative marks.
· Candidate must use blue or black ball point pen only.
· Top 5 SNAP Scores accepting Institutes:
· Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune
· Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR)
· Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resources Development (SCMHRD)
· Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB)
· Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM)
Online registrations for SNAP commences: Monday, August 22, 2016.
Date of SNAP: Sunday, December 18, 2016.
SNAP test result: in the month of January, 2017.
To know more Information about entrance please visit: www.siu.edu.in