ANNA UNIVESITY, CHENNAI
Anna University, Chennai, on behalf of the government of Tamil Nadu has announced the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2017 and is inviting applications for the same.
TANCET is conducted for candidates seeking admission to the following degree Programs of 2017-18 offered at university departments, university colleges of Engineering, Regional centres of Anna University, Government and Government aided Engineering Colleges, Arts and Science Colleges, Self Financing colleges (including stand alone colleges) in Tamil Nadu.
· ME, M.Tech, M.Plan, M.Arch
Some Universities and self financing Engineering colleges also choose to admit students on the basis of their TANCET 2017 scores.
Students from other states can also take TANCET 2017, but the eligibility conditions will be decided by the admitting authority, University.
TANCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria for MBA
You need to have passed a recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration and scored at least 50% (45% for reserved category candidates) in the qualifying degree examination.
(a) 10+2+3 years pattern
(b) 10+3 years Diploma +3 years pattern
(c) B.E., B.Tech., B.Arch., B.Pharm.
(d) (i) 10+2+AMIE*
(ii) 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE
TANCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria for MCA
You need to have successfully passed a recognized at least a 3 year Bachelor’s degree with mathematics at 10+2 level or at graduate level and scored at least 50% (45% for reserved category candidates) in the qualifying degree examinations.
(a) 10+2+3,4 years Pattern
(b) 10+3 years diploma + 3 years Pattern
(c) (i) 10+2+AMIE*
(ii) 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE*
MCA Lateral Entry
Toget into an MCA program through lateral entry, you need to have passed a recognized 3 year (minimum) Bachelor’s degree in BCA, B.Sc. (Computer Science, Information Technology) with mathematics as a course at 10+2 level or at graduate level and obtained at least 50% (45% in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examinations.
(a) 10+2+3 years Pattern
TANCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria For M.E., M.Tech., M.Arch., M.Plan
a. You must pass a recognized Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant field and score at least 50% (45% for reserved category candidates) in the qualifying degree examination.
i. B.E, B.Tech., .Arch. degree programme.
ii. B.Pharm., B.Sc (Agri., Forestry, Horticulture, Fishery) degree programme.
iii. Master’s Degree in the relevant branch of Science, Arts, which are prescribed.
iv. M.Sc. (5 years) Integrated Degree Programme.
v. B.Sc. 3 years (Computer Science, Information Technology) and M.Sc. 2 years (Computer Science, Information Technology
vi. MCA (3 years) after 10+2+3 years bachelor’s degree.
vii. MCA Lateral Entry (2 years) after 10+2+3 years degree in BCA or B.Sc. (Computer Science, Information Technology)
b. (i) 10+2+AMIE
(ii) 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE.
How to Apply:
· Candidates have to submit only one application form as the form is common for all 3 entrance test.
· Candidates have to pay an entrance test fee of Rs. 500 (Rs. 250 for SC, SCA, ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu on production of a copy of permanent community certificate in card format) for either one (M.B.A. or M.C.A. or M.Tech, M.Arch, M.Plan, M.E) of the programs.
· Candidates who want to appear for more than one program have to pay Rs.500 (Rs. 250 for SC, SCA, ST candidate belonging to Tamil Nadu) for each additional program that they want to appear for.
1. Registration in person: Hall tickets will be issued to the candidates at the co-ordinating centers who come in with their 10th and 12th std. mark sheets (or 3yr diploma certificate) and cash or demand draft for the entrance test fee.
2. Registration through internet can be done by logging on to website. The filled-in downloaded application form should be sent along with the demand draft and photocopies of certificate to 'The Secretary, TANCET, Centre for entrance examination, Anna University, Chennai-600025
3. The demand draft should be drawn in favor of 'The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai payable at Chennai obtained from any nationalized bank.
Chennai, Coimbatore, Chidambaram, Dindigul, Erode, Karaikudi, Madurai, Nagercoil, Salem, Thanjavur, Tirunelveli, Tiruchirappalli, Vellore, Villupuram, Virudhunagar
Commencement of registration: 29 01, 2017.
Last date for registration: 20.02.2017.
Date of TANCET:
M.E., M.Tech, M.Arch., M.Plan: 26.03.2017
To know more Information about entrance please visit: www.annauniv.edu