Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, RGCB, Tiruvananthapuram
(An Autonomous National Institute, Government of India)
Phone-No: 91- 471-2341716 2347975 2348104 2348753 2345899
Fax: 91- 471-2348096
Email: email@example.comWebsite: www.rgcb.res.in
The World Health Organization (WHO) defines health as a state of complete physical, mental and social well being. Health is often defined as the absence of any diseases. Although our understanding of disease biology has grown rapidly in recent decades with the advent of modern technologies including proteomics and genomics, underlying mechanisms of many diseases remain obscure. Hence unraveling the biology of complex diseases is an extremely high priority requirement. Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology's (RGCB) Disease Biology Research does innovative research in cellular and molecular mechanisms of human, animal and plant diseases. The program is designed to make the institute a world-class research establishment in molecular and medical aspects of human, animal and plant disease biology integrating theory, modeling, simulation and experiential science encompassing disciplines such as biology, genetics, chemical biology, immunology and many other disciplines.
PhD program (January 2020 session) in various domains of disease biology
1. Candidates with a post-graduate degree in Life/Chemical/Agricultural/Environmental/ Veterinary/Pharmaceutical/Medical Sciences or with an MCI certified MBBS degree are eligible to apply.
2. Only candidates who have completed their qualifying degree in all respects will be considered.
3. Applicants with UGC/CSIR/ICMR/DBT/DST-INSPIRE fellowships must have a first class in their qualifying examination. These fellowships must be valid six months from the date of Advertisement.
4. Applicants, who do not have any fellowship, should have a minimum of 70% mark (CGPA - 7.0) for the qualifying degree.
5. SC/ST candidates should have a minimum of 55% marks (CGPA-5.5) for their qualifying degree.
6. A limited number of Institute stipends will be available for those selected candidates without a research fellowship. This conditional financial support will be a subsistence allowance for an initial period of two years during which they will be strongly encouraged to seek their own fellowship from external agencies so that the PhD program continues uninterrupted.
7. Upper age limit is 28 years as on the April 01, 2019. Age limit will be relaxed for SC/ST candidates as per Government of India Regulations.
How to Apply:
Admission Procedure to the Ph.D. Program
Admission notification will be placed in national newspapers and put on the institute website. Description of the research programs, faculty and highlights of research can be seen at the institute website.
Applications are to be submitted online. Application Fee (Rs. 1000) must be paid online using 'SB Collect' of State Bank of India through the URL given in the Payment Stage. SC/ST candidates are exempted from paying the processing fees. Last date for receiving completed applications is April 16, 2019. Incomplete applications or those without processing fees will be rejected. All applicants must bring relevant original certificates, mark sheets on the day of written test.
Candidates shortlisted for written test will be informed through e mail only.
Last date for submission of online application: 20th December, 2019 [Friday]
Date of selection test: 19th January, 2020 [Sunday]
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.rgcb.res.in