PhD [disciplines in Engineering: (Chemical, Electrical and Mechanical), Sciences (Chemistry and Physics) and Humanities & Social Sciences (Cognitive Science, Economics/Finance, English, Philosophy and Sociology)]
Eligibility for IIT admission: Minimum qualification prescribed (One of the following in appropriate areas)
1. First class or equivalent Master's Degree in Engineering/Technology (55% for SC/ST)
2. A First class Master’s degree (55% for SC/ST) in Science or a first class in Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology (55% for SC/ST).
3. A First class Master’s degree (55% for SC/ST) in Arts/Social Sciences/Commerce
· IIT Gandhinagar may use higher cut off levels for short listing
· Minimum residential requirement for external candidate is normally one year
· IIT Gandhinagar strongly believes in value addition through course work
· Please consult the project profiles of faculty members before applying for PhD program
How to Apply:
IIT Admission Application Procedure: -
· IIT admission PhD application form
· Format for Statement of Purpose
· Format for Letters of Recommendations
Please read the instructions given in the brochure carefully before you fill in the application form. You may apply for as many disciplines as you wish. However, you can mention maximum three disciplines in one form. The PhD Admission procedure of IIT Gandhinagar requires two recommendations from the college where the applicant studied for his graduation/post-graduation. External candidates may provide references from their organization. Please use the format provided in the IIT webpage www.iitgn.ac.in/phd.htm. After completing the applicant information section on top, hand it over to the referees. The letters of recommendation will have to be sent by the referee directly to the Professor in Charge (Academic Affairs).
You should furnish all the documentary evidences in original (testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience and research/professional experience) at the time of interview. Incomplete application materials will be rejected.
Name of the short listed candidates for test/interview will be available on the website: 27th October 2010
Test/interview for PhD admissions: 19-20 November 2010
Selected candidates list would be available on the website: 23rd November 2010
Last date for payment of IIT admission fees: 10th December 2010
PhD registration:27th December 2010
To know more information about IIT admission, please click here