Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, MNNIT, Allahabad
AICTE Approved, Deemed University
Phone-No: 91-0532-2545404, 2545407
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.mnnit.ac.in
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad, Allahabad (MNNIT) is an Institute with total commitment to quality and excellence in academic pursuits. It was established as one of the seventeen Regional Engineering Colleges of India in the year 1961 as a joint enterprise of Government of India and Government of Uttar Pradesh, and was an associated college of University of Allahabad, which is the third oldest university in India. For a short duration of two years (2000-2002), the Institute was affiliated to U.P. Technical University. With over 45 years of experience and achievements in the field of technical education, having traversed a long way, on June 26, 2002 MNREC was transformed into National Institute of Technology and Deemed University fully funded by Government of India. With the enactment of National Institutes of Technology Act-2007(29 to 2007), the Institute has been granted the status of institution of national importance w.e.f. 15.08.2007.
Ph.D. [Engineering, Management, Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS), Geographic Information System (GIS) Cell]
· Candidates must have a minimum marks of 60% aggregate or 6.5 C.P.I. (Cumulative Performance Index in ten point scale) in qualifying examination. For SC/ST candidate’s minimum marks will be 55% aggregate or 6.0 CPI.
· The eligibility conditions given above are the absolute minimum. Departments may prescribe any requirements over and above these.
Ph.D. in Engineering
· The applicant with a Master degree in relevant branch of Engineering/Technology with marks not below 60% or CPI 6.5.
· Applicant with a Bachelors degree in Engineering or Masters Degree in Science/Applied biological sciences/Computer Application or any appropriate discipline with a minimum of 75% marks or CPI 8.0 shall only be considered.
Ph.D. in Management
· Applicant with a Master’s Degree in Management/Technology/ Engineering/ Economics/ Commerce / Science / Computer Applications/Social Science with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent CPI 6.5.
· Applicants with a Bachelors degree in Engineering with a minimum of 75% marks or CPI 8.0 shall be considered.
· A qualified Chartered Accountant having minimum three years of professional experience as practicing Chartered Accountant with a minimum of 60% marks at both graduation level, as well as CA examination.
Ph.D. in Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS)
· Applicant with a Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with a minimum of 60% Marks or CPI 6.5.
· Applicant with a Bachelors degree in Engineering/Pharmacy with marks not below 75% or CPI 8.0 shall only be considered.
Ph.D. in Geographic Information System (GIS) Cell
· Applicant with a M.Tech. or equivalent degree in GIS & Remote Sensing/Civil Engineering/Computer Science and Engineering/ Electronics/Information Technology/Agriculture Engineering/Mining Engineering with minimum marks 60% or CPI 6.5.
· Applicant with a M.Sc. or equivalent degree in GIS & Remote Sensing/Applied Geology/ Geophysics/Geography/ Environmental Science/Computer Science or degree in Master of Computer Application with minimum marks 75% or CPI 8.0.
· Applicant with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 75% marks or CPI 8.0.
· All candidates who are applying for Course category 11 (Full Time Stipendiary) must have valid GATE score/NET in relevant branch/subject.
· Where the eligibility qualification is Master’s Degree in Science/Computer Application/Commerce /Economics/English/Management or any subject of Humanities/ Life Sciences or Social Science, NET/ GATE qualification is mandatory (except for course category 13, 14 and only those receiving fellowships from UGC, CSIR, DST, etc. under course category 12).
How to Apply:
(i) Applicants are required to submit their application through on-line application system using the portal https://academics.mnnit.ac.in/phdadmission only. “No other means of application shall be acceptable”.
(ii) There are two steps in online application procedure
Step 1. Register by filling your personal details and pay fee by using payment link
· An application ID will be provided in this step, which will be required in step 2. Application fee is ` 1200/- for OPEN and OBC-NCL candidates for each programme. For SC/ST category admission fee is ` 600.00 for each programme.
· Fee payment can be made by either online payment mode using credit/debit card, internet banking or offline mode by chalan.
· If online payment mode is opted, then after successful payment an e-receipt will be generated by admission portal. If offline payment is opted, then report any branch of State Bank of India with print out of the generated chalan and deposit application fee. Bank will provide a stamped receipt. This e-receipt/stamped clalan receipt will be required at the time of sending application form to MNNIT Allahabad.
Step 2. Online filling of application form: Log-in with application ID provided in step 1
· Before starting the online filling of application form, please make sure that you have soft copy of your passport size photograph in JPEG (up to 30 kb) format.
· After login, follow the instructions for filling application form.
· Take print out of the form, attach photocopy of all required documents [refer section 8] and send on the address given below so as to reach before the due date:
Office of the Dean (Academic)
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad
Prayagraj – 211 004
Phone: Office: (0532) - 2271050; 2271046 Fax: (0532) 2445101
Email ID: email@example.com
· Write on the top of envelop the name of the programme in which you are applying, e.g. “Application for Ph.D. in ……………… Engineering Department”.
Important Notes: If a candidate is applying in more than one department, then preference of the department shall be clearly mentioned on each application form.
Note: Document verification will be done only at the time of interview. Therefore, candidates who will be called for written examination are required to ascertain that they fully meet all the advertised criteria. Further, in case it is found that any candidate who does not fulfil the criteria and yet has appeared in the interview/test or has been offered admission, his/her candidature/admission will be cancelled/ terminated at any stage, without any compensation.
Start of online application process: 21st November, 2018
Closing date for online application process: 10th December, 2018, Midnight
Last date for receipt of the printed and signed application form: 15th December, 2018 up to 5.30PM
Written examination in the department of Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Biotechnology: 19th December, 2018 10.00 am to 11am
Written examination in the department of Applied Mechanics, Mathematics, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Chemistry, School of Management Studies ,GIS Cell and Chemical Engineering: 19th December, 2018 12.00 Noon to 1:00 pm
Interview: In all departments: 20th December, 2018 9:00am onwards
To know more Information about this course please visit: www.mnnit.ac.in