Balaji Institute of Telecom and Management, BITM, Pune
SNo 55/2-7, Tathawade, Opp Wakad Police Station off Mumbai-Bangalore bypass, Pune - 411033
Phone-No: 91- 20 - 6674 1273 71
Fax: 91- 20 - 6674 1274
Balaji Institute of Telecom and Management (BITM), formerly known as ICTM is run by Sri Balaji Society. Dr. (Col) A. Balasubramanian is the Dean of the Institute and Dr. Seema Singh-Zokarkar is the Director of the Institute. The institute enjoys very good campus placements. BITM was started in the year 2002 with a focus on the dynamic needs of the industry in general and the Telecom Industry in particular in an ever-changing business environment which is driven by powerful forces of technological innovation, intense competition and globalization. BITM has been ranked among the Top 3 Telecom B-schools in India by 'Outlook ‘ (dated September 27, 2004) and an “A++” BSchool in India (Business India).
BITM trains the student managers to become 'enablers' in tomorrow's world. It strives to transform individuals into dynamic, well-groomed and well-trained corporate citizens . The Institute is offering career-oriented Post-Graduate Diploma in Management in Telecom, Telecom & Marketing and Marketing & Finance. The students are compatible and enabled to join all the sectors of the industry and also to cater to the niche segments of Telecom Industry.
Traditionally, the institute has been admitting mostly those from engineering background. However it has been decided that bright students from other streams of graduations will also be admitted for marketing and finance specializations.
It should be noted that BITM is not providing managerial resources to telecom industry only. The students from Marketing, Operations, Systems and Finance are eligible for placements in any sector of the industry as well. We prefer that the students of Telecom specialization should get Telecom related placements so that the full advantage of engineering is derived in the long run. For example, many students have taken up careers in telecom verticals in IT companies such as Infosys and Wipro.
Post Graduate Diploma in Management PGDM - Telecom
in Balaji Institute of Telecom and Management, BITM, Pune
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM - Telecom) Admission 2017-19
Eligibility and Selection Procedure for Post Graduate Diploma in Management PGDM - Telecom in Balaji Institute of Telecom and Management, BITM, Pune
1. Candidates should have a minimum of 50% marks in graduation from any statutory University (45% for reserved category).
2. In case of PGDM (Executive Batch), candidate should have 2-3 years of industrial work experience as a full time employee in the field of Sales, Marketing, Human Resource, Finance, Operations, Systems and related areas of management in the industry is eligible. These applicants should submit the industry experience certificate signed by the Director(HR) or any other authorised signatory of the Company / Companies and copies of their Appointment Letters along with the application form. There will be no difference in the course curriculum for this batch and they will receive the same inputs as applicable to the PGDM Programs except for the fact that they can expect lateral placements with higher compensation packages. Those having lesser number of industrial experiences also get different and upgraded placements depending upon their corporate experience though they may not be admitted to the Executive Batch, but to the other courses.
3. Relevant work experience means full time employment in any company and not in the family business. It also means working on full-time basis on the specialization departments in the company such as Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, IT, Operations and so on. Only such candidates can expect differential compensations based on work experience. However the selection committee can look into all the other type of work experiences and consider award of marks.
4. Candidates appearing for any final year Degree examination up to June 2017 can also apply. However, if they fail to match the above qualitative requirement when the result is declared for the graduation examination, they will be relieved from the course compulsorily. Same will be the case with respect to those who fail in their degree examination, which means a candidate should qualify his/her graduation examination with a minimum of 50% marks latest by the academic year 2017-18. The mark sheets should be submitted to the Institute.
5. Medical Fitness should be as explained in this Handbook.
6. Should be willing to comply with the Rules and Regulations of the Sri Balaji Society, Pune as explained in this Handbook.
We accept CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT scores. However, as CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT scores are issued to the students, any student who has appeared for the CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT examinations can apply for our courses with the CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT scores. Thus, all the four Management institutes will accept CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT scores. However, the XAT, MAT and CMAT scores will be equalized and validated to the CAT score value and that will only be counted for the purpose of merit list. Anyone having any objection to the same, need not to apply. We do not believe in any cut-off points as we give only 30% of the weightage for the entrance examination, while making the merit list.
How To Apply:
Application Procedure for Post Graduate Diploma in Management PGDM - Telecom in Balaji Institute of Telecom and Management, BITM, Pune
Application form for the program(s) of choice can be obtained in the below-mentioned ways.
1. Apply Online
2. Download the Application Form and submit the same with a Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) in favour of 'President, Sri Balaji Society, Pune' payable at Pune. Write the name & address of the applicant on the reverse side of Demand Draft.
3. Application Forms can be obtained from our office for Rs. 1000/- by hand.
4. Students can also obtain the Application Form our office by sending a Demand Draft of Rs.1000/- payable at Pune in favour of 'President, Sri Balaji Society, Pune' with full name & postal address on the reverse side of the DD.
All the requests for Application Form and all the inquiries related to admission should be directed to the under mentioned address:-
Prof. Biju G. Pillai
Director-IT & Professor In-Charge Admissions
Sri Balaji Society, Pune
Tathawade, Pune 411033
Tel.: +91 20 6674 1222, 3063 1222
To know more Information about course please visit: www.bitmpune.com