Utkal University, UU, Bhubaneswar
(Accredited A+ by NAAC)
Vani Vihar, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Email: email@example.com Website: www.utkaluniversity.nic.in
Until 1936, when Odisha was made into a separate province, all its colleges were under the jurisdiction of either Patna University or Andhra University. Subsequently, the government of Odisha, headed by Shri Biswanath Dash, the then Prime Minister; appointed a committee on 2nd March 1938 with Pandit Nilakantha Das as its Chairman to examine the possibility of establishing a separate university in Odisha. Then, during the premiership of Maharaja Krushna Chandra Gajapati, who played a pioneering role in the establishment of the University, the recommendations of this committee were made available. Pandit Godavarish Mishra, the then Minister of Education, introduced the Utkal University Bill, which was passed by the Odisha Legislative Assembly on 30th June 1943. On receiving the Governor's assent on 2nd August 1943, the Utkal University Act, 1943 came into force, clearing the way for the foundation of Utkal University on 27th November 1943. The University started functioning from this date in room no. 15 of Ravenshaw College, Cuttack.
M.Phil,Ph.D and Integrated Research Program(M.Phil and Ph.D)
· Admission strictly on the basis of All India entrance test to be held in different parts of India (Bhubaneswar, New Delhi, Guwahati,Hyderabad and Pune) depending on the number of applicants.
· The exam will be in two paper
I. Aptitude test on Research Methodology
II. Recent Advances in theory and cutting-edge research in the relevant discipline. (Subject domain of the scholar)
· The candidates who have qualified for UGC NET/JRF or awarded any other Ph.D. fellowship but not interested for Rusa Doctoral fellowship. are exempted from appearing CRET. However all such candidate have to apply online with the requisite fee i.e.2000/-
· Those who have already applied in M.Phil category are merged to IRP Programme automatically.
· Candidates qualifies in the entrance test shall have to appear an interview along with the synopsis of the proposed research work in the following format within 1500-2000 word.
i) Research Topic followed by the research question.
ii) Review of literature
iii) Theoretical and conceptual framework
iv) Aims & objectives
v) Methodology & universe of study
vi) Review of literature
· Candidates have to complete the PhD course work successfully for further research.
· University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil / PhD Degrees) Regulations, 2016 shall be applicable for the entire program.
· Renewal of registration will be done in every semester with a fee ofRs.3000.
For details regarding Department and Courses the applicants are advised link to respective department through the official website of Utkal University.
Integrated Research Program: Rs.2000/-
How to Apply:
1. For Registration, the candidate should have a valid & active Mobile Number and also have a valid & active e-mail ID.
2. For registration please click (New User Registration) and provide the relevant data in appropriate fields.
3. This will take you to the Registration page
· Select Course Applied for form the dropdown list.
· Select Subject From the Subject dropdown list.
· In the Name field write your Full Name as per your HSC (10th) certificate.
· Enter a valid & active Mobile Number and email ID, which will be the registered for the entire registration process.
· In the D.O.B field, enter your Date of Birth by selecting through the Calendar.
· Enter the valid captcha code in the Captcha Code field.
· Now click on the Register button to get yourself registered. You will receive an OTP in your Mobile Phone and email ID.
· Provide the OTP to validate your registration and proceed for the Payment.
· In case of OTP code not came to your Mobile no , Click on the Resend OTP option.
1. After successful payment through Net Banking or Credit/Debit Card using SBI E-Pay, you will get an e-Receipt generated immediately from the System containing a reference number. The reference number starts with followed by 8 digits which you will have to provide while submitting the Online Application Form.
2. The reference number starts with 19 followed by 8 digits which you will have to provide while submitting the Online Application Form.
3. After making a successful payment you will receive Login ID & password on your Mobile Phone and email ID immediately within 10 minutes.
If the same is not received within 10-15 minutes, please drop a mail mentioning your application ID and payment details to Helpdesk.
Submission of Hard Copy:
1. Login with your Application ID and Password.
2. Submit the filled in print out of the application form with your signature along with all the relevant documents (Certificate/Marksheets) to the concerned Department of the University at the time of Admission.
3. Please don't send the Hard copy of the Application form into the university by Post.
1. For any technical support mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. For any technical support call to 8339092483 Between 10 am to 5 pm.
Note: The applicants registered and got their application Id through SMS/Email, they can make payment of application fees using the link MAKE PAYMENT by giving their application Id.
Application for Online Registration starts from: 27th August, 2019
Last Date of Online Registration: 07th September, 2019
Last Date of Online Payment: 07th September, 2019 23:59 PM
Last Date of Filling of Prescribed Application Form: 07th September, 2019 23:59 PM
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.utkaluniversity.nic.in