VIT University, VITU, Vellore
Vellore, Tamil Nadu
Phone-No: 0416 224 9077 220 2125 220 2157
Fax: 0416 224 3092 224 0411
Vellore, a district capital in Tamil Nadu, has long been known for its stately fort and temple, renowned hospital and medical college, Parry's factories and the vast government industrial estate in nearby Ranipet. Vellore's history records several dynasties and powers. The Pallavas, Cholas, Pandyas, Hoysalas, Sambhurvarayars, Chalukyas, Vijayanagar, Bijapur Sultans, Mughals, Marathas, French and the British have all ruled the area at one point of time or the other. The twenty or more palaces and forts in the district reflect ancient styles and traditions. The most striking of these is the famous Vellore Fort, built in the 16th Century by Chinna Bommi Nayak of Vijayanagar. The fort was declared a national monument in 1992.
The Jalakandeswara Temple inside the fort is an imposing example of Vijayanagar architecture. The temple, now renovated, is known for its exquisite sculptures. There are scores of other temples and shrines in the area. Among these, the ancient rock-cut Jain cave temples attract heritage enthusiasts from all over the world for their rich art and beautiful sculpture. Not far away, the remains of the Arcot Fort and the magnificent entrance that Robert Clive named the Delhi Gate are reminders of Clive's successful defence of Arcot in 1751 and his uncanny prediction that, with this victory would begin the march from this gate to Delhi.
Master of Technology MTech by Research
in VIT University, VITU, Vellore
Master of Technology (MTech) program by research offered at Chennai campus for the session 2016. The minimum period of study and research required from the date of registration for the M.Tech (by Research) program to the date of submission of thesis will be 24 months for full-time research scholars and 36 months for part-time research scholars.
Eligibility and Selection Procedure for Master of Technology MTech by Research in VIT University, VITU, Vellore
Candidates should have bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or master’s degree in Science or master’s degree in Computer Applications (with Physics & Mathematics at bachelor’s level) with a first class or a minimum 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the university/institute does not award any class.
Bachelor of Technology BTech
in VIT University, VITU, Vellore
Bachelor of Technology (BTech) [Specialization in: Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engg., Electronics & Communication Engg., Electrical & Electronics Engg., Electronics & Instrumentation Engg., Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engg.(Spec. in Chemical Process Engg), Mechanical Engg.(Spec. in Energy Engg), Mechanical Engg.(Spec. in Automotive Engg)]
Eligibility and Selection Procedure for Bachelor of Technology BTech in VIT University, VITU, Vellore
· A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum average of 60% of marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB)
· A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with 50% average marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology(PCM / PCB) for Candidates belonging to SC/ST and Students hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and from the North Eastern States of Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh.
· Candidates belonging to SC/ST category must fill in the proforma which will be available in the information brochure and it has to be attested by competent authority.
· Candidates hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh should fill in CERTIFICATE TO PROVE NATIVITY proforma which will be available in the information brochure and it has to be attested by competent authority.
· These documents should be produced at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
How To Apply:
Application Procedure for Bachelor of Technology BTech in VIT University, VITU, Vellore
Application Form in offline mode:
Buy the form from VIT University counter.
Buy the application from designated post office. List of post offices
Sending a request letter to the university, asking for the form.
The fees for applying online is Rs.900 and for applying offline, fees is Rs.950. Candidates can remit the application form fee via the following modes:
Online: via entering details of credit/debit card and making payment.
Offline: via demand draft in favor of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore.
Address to Send the Form: Admissions Officer, VIT University, Vellore-632 014, Tamil Nadu, India.
To know more Information about course please visit: www.vit.ac.in