Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, IISST, Thiruvananthapuram
Post Thumba, Thiruvananthapuram – 659022, Kerala
Phone-No: 0471-2563463 2564808 2564809 2564825
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.iist.ac.in
IIST is Asia’s first Space Institute and the first in the world to offer the complete range of undergraduate, post graduate, doctoral programmes with specific focus to space science, technology and applications. This unique concept took root in January 2007, when IIST was registered as a Society under the Travancore -Cochin Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act, 1955.
BTech in Aerospace Engineering
BTech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (with specialization in Avionics)
Dual Degree (B.Tech. + Master of Science/Master of Technology)
Candidates must make sure that they satisfy the criteria given below for applying for admission to Undergraduate Programmes in IIST.
Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for admission in IIST.
· Date of Birth
Candidates belonging to General category (GEN) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) categories must have been born on or after October 1, 1993. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PD) categories must have born on or after October 1, 1988.
The date of birth as recorded in the high school/first Board /or its equivalent will be accepted. If the certificate does not mention the date of birth, candidate must submit an authenticated document from competent authority indicating the date of birth at the time of Counselling.
· Qualifying Examination (10+2 or Equivalent)
Must have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination. The aggregate marks for SC, ST and PD candidates should be at least 65%. The marks scored in the following five subjects will be considered for calculating the aggregate marks criterion.
· A language (if the candidate has taken more than one language, then the language with the higher marks will be considered)
· Any subject other than the above four (the subject with the highest marks will be considered)
The qualifying examination should be any of the following:
· The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi, etc., recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
· Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
· Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
· Vocational Higher Secondary Examination.
· Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
· Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
· General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge /Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
· High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
· In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.
Marks scored in JEE (Advanced)-2018 Examination
Candidates who are desirous to join B.Tech. Programmes in IIST must appear for the Joint Entrance Examination (Main)-2018 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi to qualify themselves to appear for Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced)-2018 conducted by IITs and secure the minimum prescribed category-wise marks in JEE (Advanced)-2018 as given below
· General Candidates (GEN): At least 20% marks in aggregate and at least 5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
· Other Backward Community – Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) Candidates: At least 18% marks in aggregate and at least 4.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
· Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) & Persons with Disabilities (PD) Candidates: At least 10%marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
IMPORTANT: The candidates applying for IIST admission are advised to make sure that they have secured the above minimum prescribed subject-wise marks and aggregate marks, when the JEE (Advanced) website displays the answer keys on 29th June 2018.
How to Apply:
· Candidates who are desirous to join the undergraduate programmes in IIST must apply separately for admission to IIST by registering at the online application portal.
· Online registration portal will be enabled from 5 June 2018 (Tuesday) at 10:00Hrs upto 15 June 2018 (Friday)
· Read the eligibility criteria carefully before registering online for Admission.
Visit the online application portal (http://admission.iist.ac.in), click the link undergraduate admission-2018 and fill in all the details in the online application form as per the instructions given there. The registered candidates shall be given a IIST Registration No. and a password. It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to keep the password secret to avoid any misuse.
· After completing online registration, proceed for remitting the Registration Fee online using SBI-COLLECT (https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm) as given below:
· Male candidates in GEN and OBC-NCL: Rs.600/-
· Female candidates in GEN and OBC-NCL: Rs.300/-
· All SC, ST, PD candidates: Rs. 300/-
The Registration fee is non-refundable.
· IIST Admission Rank list will be generated only for those candidates who register online for admission to IIST, Pay the registration fee and satisfy all the eligibility criteria. Please note that IIST Admission Rank listwill be prepared based on their aggregate marks scored in JEE (Advanced) - 2018.
· After the publication of IIST Admission Rank list on 18th June 2018, the candidates have to fill-in their choices of branch of study during 19th June to 22nd June 2018. Please refer to IIST UG ADMISSION BROCHURE for more details.
Online Registration from: 5th June 2018 to 15th June 2018
Online payment of registration fee on or before: 16th June 2018
Online Publication of UG Admission rank list on: 18th June 2018
Online Filling in of Choice (preference) of branch: 19th June 2018 & 22nd June 2018
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.iist.ac.in