Birla Institute of Technology, BIT, Mesra
Mesra, Ranchi, Jharkhand
Phone-No: 0651-2275444 896 2276249 267 432 Ext. 469 2275868 Dir
Fax: 0651- 2275401
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.bitmesra.ac.in
For over five decades, BIT Mesra (located 16 kms from Ranchi, the Jharkhand state-capital) has been engaged in nurturing minds through a rich heritage of academic excellence. Essentially a hub of bustling student activities, the beautiful campus has been a second-home to thousands of students in their journey to challenge the times. Established in 1955 by visionary-industrialist Mr. B.M. Birla, it is today one of the most premier engineering destinations in India.
MBA at Mesra (Main Campus) and its Off Campuses at Jaipur, Lalpur and Noida
Duration: 2 years
1) Candidates must have appeared in one of the following competitive examinations and should have minimum requisite percentile / scores as per the details given below:
CAT 2018: 40 (35 for SC/ST) Total Percentile
XAT 2019: 40 (35 for SC/ST) Total Percentile
CMAT-2019: 40 (35 for SC/ST) Overall Percentile
MAT Sept-2018 or MAT Dec- 2018 or MAT Feb -2019: 320 (280 for SC/ST) Score
2) Candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India / AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling [Class 12 or equivalent] (10+2+3 system).
3) Candidates must have minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in Honours / aggregate (45% for SC/ST) in graduation. [The percentage of marks obtained by a candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the University / Institution from where the candidate has obtain the degree]
4) Candidates appearing for final examinations of their Bachelor’s programme in 2019 can also apply, provided they have obtained requisite marks or equivalent (as per item 3 above) based on latest available grades / marks at the time of applying, and if selected can join the programme provisionally.
At the time of reporting for the ‘GD & PI’ such applicant must bring a certificate in original from the Principal of Institute stating that:
a) by 30th June 2019, he/she will have appeared for examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her Bachelor’s degree.
b) He/she has obtained requisite marks or equivalent (as per item (3) above), based on latest available grades / marks.
Selected candidates will be required to sign an undertaking at the time of admission on Non-Judicial Stamp Paper of Rs. 20/- (as per format given in Sec-10).
Further, their admission will be confirmed only when they submit the marksheets and a certificate of having passed the Bachelor's degree / equivalent qualification with requisite marks as per item (3) above. They must submit proof of passing their final examinations with requisite marks by 31st October 2019. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the admission.
5) Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distancelearning programmes are eligible only if (a) the programmes are recognized by the DEC-IGNOU (b) they have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying, with minimum requisite marks in average calculated as per item (3) above. They must enclose photocopies of pass certificate and marksheets of qualifying examination with their application. [Appearing candidate in distance learning programmes, whose results are yet to be declared, are not eligible to apply].
(1) Candidates with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence (http://www.edcil.co.in), and if required should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU (website http://www.aiuweb.org).
(2) In case, any Board / University awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure prescribed by the Board / University. In case, a University does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100.
(3) At any level of the studies [Class X, Class XII or Graduation], a candidate / applicant must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same Board/ University.
Selection will be made based on performance of the Candidate in GD and PI.
How to Apply:
1. To fill online application form, click on the link “Click here for New Admission” on top of the page to register for the programme and create password. Do not share the password with anybody else. Please see instructions for filling online application form by the website.
2. Eligible candidates must complete and submit the application form online only [link available on the Institute website]. Pay application fee of Rs.2,500/- (General / OBC candidates) and Rs.1,500/- (SC/ST candidates) inclusive of GST charges through State Bank Collect -net banking or credit card of any nationalized bank in favour of “Birla Institute of Technology” within the given time period. Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
3. The candidates may select the choice of place for study maximum of three Campuses, in order of preference from the prompt. Candidates will not be permitted to alter their preferences at a later stage.
4. Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
Please fill and submit the application form online only, take printout of the same and retain with you, as the same will be required to produce at the time of reporting for GD & PI.
Last Date to Apply Online: 9th March, 2019
Dates for GD & PI (short-listed candidates): 28th -29th March, 2019
Declaration of First Selection List: 31st March, 2019
Note: All the dates mentioned above are tentative, and liable to be changed. Hence, please check Institute website periodically.
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.bitmesra.ac.in