Wildlife Institute of India, WII, Dehradun
(An Autonomous Institution of the Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change, Govt. of India)
Post Box 18, Chandrabani
Phone-No: 0135-2640114-115 2646100
Fax: 0135 2640117
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.wii.gov.in
Established in 1982, Wildlife Institute of India (WII) is an internationally acclaimed Institution, which offers training program, academic courses and advisory in wildlife research and management. The Institute is actively engaged in research across the breadth of the country on biodiversity related issues. The Institute's idyllic campus that has been carefully developed to create state of the art infrastructure encourages scholarly work.
Ph.D. discipline of Wildlife Science [Affiliation at Saurashtra University, Rajkot]
Masters’ Degree in Life Science (Botany/Zoology/Forestry/Statistics/Experimental Biology/Environmental Science/Biological Science/Wildlife Science/Agriculture/ Veterinary Science) with 55% aggregate or above. There would be 5% relaxation in marks for the candidates belonging to the SC/ST and OBC category. Candidates appearing in the final examination of the Post Graduate Degree, shall also be eligible to apply for the Entrance Test, but their admission to Ph.D. course would be subject to qualifying the entrance test and production of final mark sheet in the same academic term/semester. Qualified candidates of UGC/CSIR (JRF) Examination/SLET/NET/GATE or who are the teacher fellowship holders/M.Phil. Degree holders shall be exempted from the Entrance Test for Ph.D. However, they have to register through online process for submission of their application and registration fee and would be required to go through the process of Department Research Committee (DRC) of Saurashtra University for seeking registration in the Ph.D. Program.
Age Limit: There is no fixed upper age limit for appearing in Ph.D. Entrance Test of Saurashtra University in the discipline of Wildlife Science.
Validity Period: The candidates who qualify Saurashtra University Ph.D. Entrance Test at WII can register for Ph.D. Degree within two years from the date of declaration of result.
Ph.D. Eligibility Test for Saurashtra University in the discipline of Wildlife Science 2019:
The Wildlife Institute of India (WII) is a premier national institute for training and research in the field of wildlife conservation and management. The Institute’s idyllic ambience, state of the art infrastructure, acclaimed and diverse faculty provide a vibrant academic atmosphere for scholarly work. The Institute has been regularly engaging research personnel for various research projects and also encourages its researchers to pursue their career in the field of ‘Wildlife Science’ by providing a platform to register for Ph.D. Degree through affiliation at Saurashtra University, Rajkot. In this regard, the Institute intends to conduct Ph.D. eligibility test for registration in the Ph.D. Program of Saurashtra University, Rajkot, in the discipline of Wildlife Science on 28thOctober 2018 (Sunday) at 11.00 hrs at Dehradun.
How to Apply:
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING:
The candidates are required to apply online. The relevant link for registration will be made available from 01 September 2018. Online submission of application will be allowed on the website up to 23:59 hrs on 30 September 2018. Interested applicants, may refer institute’s website for details of instructions i.e. eligibility criteria, syllabus and examination centre(s) etc. No other mean/mode of application shall be accepted. Candidates are required to go to the link provided for filling ONLINE application and fill up the personal details/BIO-DATA, fees etc. carefully. Before filling application online, candidates should keep ready a scanned copy of passport size photograph and signature in jpg/jpeg format (Photo size less than 500 KB and signature size less than 200 KB). Fill in the online form with all the relevant details. Upload scanned copy of the photograph and signature. Candidates should ensure that the relevant details viz. Name, Date of Birth, Address, etc. entered in application form should be correct. Downloading of admit card will start from 10th October 2018. The date of examination is 28.10.2018 at Dehradun at 1100 hrs. Examination Centre will be allotted on admit card through M/s. Armezo Solutions, New Delhi.
1. 1 The duration of the Ph.D. entrance test will be 120 minutes. The question paper shall contain only ‘Multiple Choice Questions. Qualifying eligibility marks will be as per UGC norms.
2. 2 The examination fee is Rs. 1000 (Rs. One thousand only). Once the fee is paid, it will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates should satisfy themselves that they fulfil all the eligibility norms including educational qualification(s) as on date of submission of the application can apply for Ph.D. entrance test of Saurashtra University.
3. 3 Candidates are advised to give specific, correct and complete information. All original certificates/documents in support of information furnished in the application form are to be produced at the time of interview/RDC at Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun, failing which the candidate will be disqualified for appearing in interview. Candidature of the candidates is liable to be rejected at any stage of admission process or after admission, if any information provided by the candidates is found to be false or is not found in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
4. 4 For getting the benefit of reservation under OBC category, the name of caste and community of the candidate must appear in the central list of Other Backward Classes (OBC) available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website www.ncbc.nic.in. Candidates seeking reservation as OBC, will have to submit non-creamy layer certificate at the time of interview in the prescribed format issued from the designated authority.
5. 5 Mobile phones, pagers, calculators or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examination conducted by the Institute. Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones/pagers to the venue of the examination, as arrangement for safe-keeping cannot be assured.
Examination Centre: Dehradun
Last Date: 30th September, 2018 up to 23:59 hrs
Downloading of admit card will start from: 10th October, 2018
The date of examination is: 28th October, 2018 at Dehradun at 1100 hrs.
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.wii.gov.in