CSIR-National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources, CSIR-NISCAIR, New Delhi
CSIR-NISCAIR Vigyan Sanchar Bhawan, Dr. K.S. Krishnan Marg, Pusa Campus,
New Delhi 110012
Phone-No: 011 25843974 09999492476 09818043476
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.niscair.res.in
National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources (NISCAIR) came into existence on 30 September 2002 with the merger of National Institute of Science Communication (NISCOM) and Indian National Scientific Documentation Centre (INSDOC). Both NISCOM and INSDOC, the two premier institutes of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), were devoted to dissemination and documentation of S&T information.
NISCOM had been in existence for the last six decades (first as two Publication Units of CSIR, which were merged to form the Publications Division, which was later renamed as Publications & Information Directorate and in 1996, as NISCOM). Over the years, NISCOM diversified its activities, and through a host of its information products, comprising research and popular science journals, encyclopaedic publications, monographs, books, and information services, it had been reaching out to researchers, students, entrepreneurs, industrialists, agriculturists, policy planners and also the common man.
Ph.D. Science & Technology Communication
Masters Degree with 55% marks in any subject with bachelors degree in science or a bachelor degree with 55 % mark, in agriculture science, medical science, engineering, technology or equivalent from a recognized university/ institution. Candidate with basic or combination of qualifications in Sciences, Engineering or Social Sciences are also eligible. Having a National fellowship (JRF/SRF/INSPIRE) or equivalent will be an advantage.
Admissions to AcSIR PhD programmes are conducted twice in a year. The Participating CSIR Labs announces the admission criteria and procedure of admission through National Dailies and Web media.
Shortlisted candidates fulfilling the shortlisting criteria of respective participating CSIR Labs will be called for test and / or interview by the Selection Committees of the respective laboratories of CSIR.
Based on the Academic record and the performance of the candidates in the test and / or interview, the Selection Committee of the concerned CSIR Laboratory recommends names of the selected candidates to the respective Deans.
The number of candidates called for test/interview will be commensurate with the number of seats/requirements in each laboratory.
How to Apply:
· For Admission Process, you need to follow two phases:
1. Registration phase
2. Complete Application form Fill-up process
· In Registration phase, once you successfully register yourself, you will be receiving auto email on your email-id with login credentials and link to be re-directed for further complete admission form fill-up process with unique Registration Number.
· Application form fill-up process is divided into three steps:
1. Registration Step
2. Confirmation Step
3. Print Acknowledgement of Admission Receipt with Unique Form Number
· Important dates of admission process will be flashed on Portal.
· Only one application is allowed for an applicant. If, at any time, it is found that more than one application is filled by a candidate then the candidature will be summarily rejected.
· Short-listed candidates will be intimated electronically and they will be required to appear for interview for selection at the designated centres on the dates announced.
In addition to their academic performance and/or depending on the vacancies, final selection will be based on performance of the candidate in the aptitude test/ interview.
Application Form: http://188.8.131.52/acsir/online-admission/portal/acsir-online-adm-portal/index.php#/
For further information/ clarification, if any, please contact:
Coordinator, AcSIR, CSIR-NISCAIR Vigyan Sanchar Bhawan, Dr. K.S. Krishnan Marg,
Pusa Campus, New Delhi-110012
Phone: 011-25843974, Mobile: 09999492476, 09818043476
Websites: www.acsir.res.in; www.niscair.res.in
Last date for online application: 25th October, 2018
Intimation to candidates (e-mail): 7th November, 2018
Aptitude test/ interview: 26th November, 2018 to 14th December, 2018
Declaration of results (on website): 19th December, 2018
To know more Information about this course please visit: www.niscair.res.in