Birla Institute of Technology, BIT, Mesra
(Deemed to be University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956)
Mesra, Ranchi, Jharkhand
Phone-No: 0651-2275444 896 2276249 267 432 Ext. 469 2275868 Dir
Fax: 0651- 2275401
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.bitmesra.ac.in
For over five decades, BIT Mesra (located 16 kms from Ranchi, the Jharkhand state-capital) has been engaged in nurturing minds through a rich heritage of academic excellence. Essentially a hub of bustling student activities, the beautiful campus has been a second-home to thousands of students in their journey to challenge the times. Established in 1955 by visionary-industrialist Mr. B.M. Birla, it is today one of the most premier engineering destinations in India.
Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) at BIT Mesra (Main Campus)
Duration: 4 Years
Candidates must have passed Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent qualifying examination with 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent qualifying examination with English as a subject.
Appearing candidates may also apply, subject to production of marksheet with requisite percentage of marks in Class 12 at the time of Entrance Test and Interview.
· Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st October 1995 in case of General / OBC category and 1st October 1990 in case of SC/ST are eligible for admission. Date of Birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board Class X (High School) certificate only will be considered as authentic.
· Candidates with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence (www.edcil.co.in), and if required should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU (website www.aiuweb.org).
· In case any Board awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure prescribed by the Board.
· At the time of reporting for admission & document verification, selected candidates will be required to produce originals of Pass Certificate of Class 10, Marksheets of Class 10 and Class 12 showing requisite minimum marks, as well as Caste or Special Category certificates in proper format signed by appropriate authority (please see instructions).
· At any level of the studies [Class X or Class XII], a candidate / applicant must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same Board.
The selection will be based on performance of the candidate in the Entrance Test and Interview conducted by the Institute. However, candidates must meet the age criteria and other minimum academic requirements (see Eligibility Criteria above).
How to Apply:
1) To fill online application form, click on the link “Click here to apply online on website” to register for the programme and create password for the application process. Do not share the password with anybody. Please see instructions for filling online application form on website.
2) Eligible candidates must complete and submit the application form online only [link available on the Institute website]. Pay application fee of Rs.1,500/- (General / OBC candidates) and Rs.1,000/- (SC/ST candidates) through ICICI payment Gateway (candidates may use net banking / debit card / credit card of any nationalized bank) till the last date of application process. Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
3) Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
Last Date for Applying Online: 20th June, 2020
Date for Entrance Test: 5th July, 2020From: 10:00 am to 12:00 Noon
Interview: 5th July, 2020 From: 2:00 pm onwards
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.bitmesra.ac.in