Birla Institute of Technology, BIT, Mesra
Phone-No: 0651-2275444 896 2276249 267 432 Ext. 469 2275868 Dir
Fax: 0651- 2275401
For over five decades, BIT Mesra (located 16 kms from Ranchi, the Jharkhand state-capital) has been engaged in nurturing minds through a rich heritage of academic excellence. Essentially a hub of bustling student activities, the beautiful campus has been a second-home to thousands of students in their journey to challenge the times. Established in 1955 by visionary-industrialist Mr. B.M. Birla, it is today one of the most premier engineering destinations in India.
Established in 1955 by Mr. B M Birla.A premier technical institute and deemed University.
Main Campus Size - 780 acres
Total number of registered students across all centres - more than 10,000.Doctoral students - 150
Programmes offered - Undergraduate, Post- graduate, Doctoral
Graduate degrees awarded - over 18,000
Postgraduate degrees offered - over 2500
BIT, Mesra is a "Deemed University" under Sec. 3 of the U.G.C. Act 1956. The Board of Governors is responsible for the main functions and overall supervision of activities. It comprises representatives of the Ministry of Education, Government of India, the U.G.C., the State Government, The Chancellor, the AICTE, The Hindustan Charity Trust and the Institute Faculty. Shri C.K. Birla is the Chairman of the Board of Governors while the Governor of the state of Jharkhand officiates as the Institute's Chancellor. There's a Technical Council that decides the academic policy of the Institute.
Academics and Infrastructure
Keeping up with the times has never been enough at BIT as it has mostly been either at the top of ranking surveys or the first among initiators of path breaking ideas. From the introduction of new academic programmes to re-structuring the current ones, from improving infrastructure to upgrading teaching skills, the student's welfare has always been the focal point in BIT's larger picture. As a result, the Institute enjoys an unsurpassed reputation in academia and corporate circles being the preferred manpower source for many industries not only in India but also abroad.
Master of Computer Application MCA
in Birla Institute of Technology, BIT, Mesra
Master of Computer Application (MCA)
Eligibility and Selection Procedure for Master of Computer Application MCA in Birla Institute of Technology, BIT, Mesra
1) Candidates must have passed in ALL subjects in which they have appeared in Class 10 (excluding optional subjects) with minimum 60% (45% for SC/ST) marks in average. Marks in Class 10 to be computed as average of marks obtained in ALL subjects in which candidate has appeared (excluding optional subjects).
2) Candidates must have passed in ALL subjects in which they have appeared in Class 12 (excluding optional subjects) with minimum 60% (45% for SC/ST) marks in average. Marks in Class 12 will be computed as average of best 5 subjects in which candidate has appeared, including English, Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry
3) Candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India/AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education (10+2+3 system) after completing higher secondary schooling (Class 12 or equivalent).
4) Candidates must have one of following qualifications:
a) Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA), or
b) B.Sc. in Computer Science / Information Technology / Electronics, or
c) B.Sc. with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at graduate level.
5) Candidates of B.Sc. Honours must have minimum 60% (45% for SC/ST) marks in average in their Honours subject. Candidates of BCA and other graduate courses must have minimum 60% (45% for SC/ST) marks in average in graduation, marks to be computed as average of marks obtained in ALL subjects in which candidate has appeared (excluding optional subjects).
How To Apply:
Application Procedure for Master of Computer Application MCA in Birla Institute of Technology, BIT, Mesra
Candidates should obtain our Information Brochure Postgraduate Application giving details of the eligibility criteria, number of seats, fee structure, reservations, and containing the prescribed application form. The same may be obtained in person from the Accounts Office at Mesra or from any of our Extension Centres during working hours on all working days, on payment by crossed Demand Draft for Rs. 1,000/- in favour of Birla Institute of Technology, payable at Ranchi. See below for addresses and contact details. send a crossed demand draft for Rs. 1,050/- in favour of Birla Institute of Technology, payable at Ranchi, along with a covering letter mentioning the course applied for, and two slips of paper (of size 10 x 10 cm) with your name and address clearly written in block capitals, and telephone number, to Dean Admissions at Mesra or Director of any of our Extension Centres. Write PG on the envelope.
To apply for any of the programmes, eligible candidates must send the completed application with enclosures to office of the Dean Admissions, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835215.
Entrance Test: 03rd June 2018
Last date for Online Submission form: 30th April, 2018
To know more Information about course please visit: www.bitmesra.ac.in