Xavier University, XU, Bhubaneswar
Campus Xavier Square
Phone-No: 0674 6647777
Fax: 674 2300995
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.xub.edu.in
Xavier University Bhubaneswar (XUB) sees itself as a quality institute delivering quality management education to quality students from the world over. The Xavier University came into being with the Government of Odisha passing the Xavier University Act in June 2013. It inherits the legacy of XIMB (Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar), a premier world class B-School in the country.
Master in Urban and Regional Planning (MURP) Offered by Xavier Centre for Urban Management & Governance (XUMG) Duration: 2 Years
· Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Architecture/Planning or Master’s degree in Geography/Economics/Sociology with at least 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized University can apply. Those with a valid Admission Test score of GATE/CEED/NATA/CCU will be given preference.
· Candidates with Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with minimum 60% marks in aggregate can apply. Those with a valid Admission Test score of GATE/CEED/NATA/CCU will be given preference.
· Candidates who have secured the 1st, 2nd or 3rd position (i.e., any of the top three ranks) in their Undergraduate Programs in Planning/Architecture/Civil Engineering or Master’s Programs in Geography/Economics/Sociology can apply without any Admission Test score by entering their rank information in the Xavier University Online Application Form. A certificate from the Head of the Institution stating their rank/ position must be furnished.
· Candidates from any other disciplines with at least 60% marks in aggregate and with a demonstrable experience and interest in Urban and Regional Planning may also apply.
· All shortlisted candidates (in all categories mentioned above) will have to appear for a Writing Ability Test and/or Personal Interview in one of the XUB Admission Centres in the country.
· Final year degree students, who expect to complete their final exams and other requirements for obtaining the degree by 15th June 2019, can also apply
The short-listed candidates will be called for Writing Ability Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview, which will be held in Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai Candidates will have to meet their own travel expenses for appearing in the Interview session. The final selection will be made on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the Writing Ability Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview (which factors in the past academic record and relevant work experience). The selected candidates will be informed by mail in the month of April 2019.
How to Apply:
The program will commence by the mid of June 2019 for the first-year students. At this time the students will be given a Manual of Policies and Regulations which will be binding on them.
Applicants have to fill up the online application form separately for MURP program at: xub.edu.in
Step 1: Fill up the “Login Details” (in the Next page) to create and receive by email a unique XID/Username and Password for applying to XUB. If you have already received your XID/Username and Password, then login as per Step 2.
Step 2: Login with your XID/Username and Password. Fill up the Personal Details, Academic Details, Professional Details, choose the program/s you want to apply for and the respective test option/s, upload your photo & signature and Submit. (You may keep ready the scanned/digital images of your photo/signature in JPEG format, in advance. The dimensions of photo may be of about 200×250 pixels, and the signature may be of about 250×125 pixels, both images within 50 kb each in size).
Step 3: Pay the application fee through the Payment Gateway. (Application fee is Rs.1500/-)
If you have filled the application form and paid the application fee successfully, you will receive the confirmation by email regarding the acceptance of your online application form.
The Last Date to fill up the Application Form: 7th December, 2018
The Program will commence by the mid of June 2019 for the first-year students
To know more Information about this course please visit: www.xub.edu.in