Bangalore University, BU, Bangalore
Phone-No: 080 – 22961001
Fax: 91-80-23219295 23211020
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.bangaloreuniversity.ac.in
Bangalore University, Bangalore was established in 1964 as an off shoot of University of Mysore, primarily to include institutions of higher learning located in the metropolitan city and the districts of Bangalore, Kolar and Tumkur which eventually became a separate university. Initially, the two premier colleges of the city, the Central College and the University Visvesvaraya College of engineering formed the nucleus of Bangalore University. The University was first accredited in 2002 by NAAC with five stars status and was re-accredited in 2008 with A Grade. According to India Today-Nielsen survey, Bangalore University ranks 13th in the list of 50 top Universities in the Country. Academically, the University is structured into six faculties- Arts, Science, Commerce & Management, Education, Law and Engineering.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
· A candidate shall work for Ph.D. degree in a subject studied at the Master’s Degree or related subject under a recognized research supervisor. However, a candidate may be allowed to conduct research in a subject other than one chosen for the Master’s Degree, provided it is of an inter-disciplinary nature, with the approval of the concerned Board of Studies.
· If the research topic is of an inter-disciplinary nature, the research supervisor may opt for a co-supervisor (not be from the same department) who shall be a recognized research supervisor of the University. However the candidate shall finalize and submit the thesis through the main research supervisor.
· There shall be two types of research candidates: full-time and part-time candidates. Full-time Ph.D candidates undertake research on a full-time basis. The Part-time Ph.D. programme is for working persons in the University and outside such as teachers/ scientists/ professionals / librarians/ physical education personnel and those employed in various institutions/ industries/ corporations/ organizations.
· Those in employment and wish to take up the Ph.D. programme on a full-time basis shall produce a certificate from their employer of having been sanctioned study leave. Other candidates who take up the Ph.D. programme on a full-time basis shall give an undertaking to the effect that they will not take up any job during the period of research. If the candidate takes up a job, then the full-time registration may be converted into part-time on conditions similar to part-time research.
· The Ph.D scholar shall not be permitted to join any other course whether in regular and/or distance mode. They shall not appear for any other examination conducted by the University or any other University during the period of registration, except the Ph.D course work end examination. Any candidate who violates this provision, the registration will stand cancelled.
· If any candidate doing Ph.D. on a full-time basis is found to be doing a full-time job, his/ her Ph.D registration will stand cancelled.
How to Apply:
Submission of Application:
· The eligible candidates shall submit the application in the prescribed format given on the website (APPLICATION – A) to the Registrar (Evaluation)/ Officer designated for the purpose in response to the notification of the University.
· If any Ph.D. candidate is found to have submitted fake records while securing admission to the Ph.D. course, his/ her registration shall stand cancelled without any notice and may also be liable for criminal action.
Last date to apply without fine: 1st July, 2019 with fine 18th July, 2019
Last Date of receipt of hard copy of Application send to University: 23rd July, 2019
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.bangaloreuniversity.ac.in