ADMISSION NEWS

Portal for Indian Education and Admission Updates

NAVIGATION - SEARCH

Bengaluru Dr B R Ambedkar School of Economics, BASE, Bengalore

Bengaluru Dr B R Ambedkar School of Economics, BASE, Bengalore
An Autonomous institution of Government of Karnataka
Rajaji Hall, Bangalore University Central College Campus, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Veedhi Road
Bengaluru-560001, Katnataka
Phone-No: 080 22243350 70 Mob: 07349333323
Fax: 080 22355141
Email: info@base.ac.in Website: www.base.ac.in 

About College:

BASE is being modelled on the lines of the celebrated London School of Economics. The first batch of B.Sc. (Honours) Economics was admitted in June-July 2017, through an All India Entrance test conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA), Government of Karnataka, Bengaluru and the classes for this pioneer batch began from 28th August 2017, at the Department of Visual Arts, Bangalore University, Jnana Bharathi campus, Bengaluru. The Academic session of the B.A.S.E was inaugurated at Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Bhavan by Honourable former Prime Minister of India Dr Manmohan Singh, world reknowned Economist on 4t October 2017. The programme was chaired by the Hon. Chief Minister of Karnataka Shri Siddaramaiahji and Hon. Minister for Higher Education Shri Basavaraj Rayareddy was the Guest of Honour. The programme was attended by a galaxy of Ministers of the Government of Karnataka and many dignitaries from Bangalore. Dr. Manmohan Singh gave some very important advice to the students. and the Key Note Speaker of this occasion was Dr. C Rangarajan, former Governor of Reserve Bank of India and the Chairperson of the Prime Minister’s Advisory Council. He spoke about the current economic situation and the future of Indian economy.

Course Name:

Integrated M.Sc. (Honours) with an option of exit policy after 3 years in Economics course

Duration: 5 years

Eligibility:

An all India level examination will be conducted for selecting the students to five years integrated M. Sc. (Honours) in Economics course with an option to exit after three years in B.A.S.E. For admission to five years integrated M.Sc (Honours) in Economics course, the candidate should have passed in 2nd PUC / Equivalent Exam with English as one of the Languages and Mathematics as a core subject and obtained a minimum of 65% marks in aggregate (60% for SC and ST).

Reservation of seats: 60% seats are reserved for students of Karnataka and remaining 40% seats are reserved for students of all States of the country including Karnataka. Of the 60% seats reserved for students of Karnataka, 20% is reserved for Scheduled Caste and 10% for Scheduled Tribe students. As regards other reservations, the policy adopted by the Government of Karnataka will be followed. Of the 40% seats reserved for students of all States of the country including Karnataka, 20% is reserved for Scheduled Caste and 10% for Scheduled Tribe students as per Government of India reservation notification The candidates are required to appear for the common entrance test conducted by the Central University Common Entrance Test (CUCET) 2018-19 and the marks obtained by them will be considered for admission. For appearing for Entrance test of CUCET and more information visit https://cucetexam.in

How to Apply:

Registration forms are available Online through the website.

To know more information about how to apply please contact here:

Bengaluru Dr B R Ambedkar School of Economics, BASE, Bengalore
Rajaji Hall, Bangalore University Central College Campus, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Veedhi Road, Bengaluru-560001, Katnataka. Phone-No: 080 22243350, Fax: 080 22355141, Email: info@base.ac.in

Closing Date:

Last Date for Online Application form is extended upto: 10th June, 2019

Comments:

To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.base.ac.in