Indian Institute of Science, IISc, Bangalore
Phone-No: 080-22932210 080-22932977 080-23601413
Email: email@example.com Website: www.iisc.ac.in
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) was conceived as a ´Research Institute´ or ´University of Research´ by Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata, in the final years of the 19th century. A long period of almost thirteen years was to elapse from the initial conception in 1896 to the birth of the institute on May 27, 1909. The early history of the Institute is a fascinating chapter in the story of higher education and scientific research in India. The cast of characters in the drama that led to the establishment of the Institute includes, in addition to its charismatic and generous founder J.N. Tata, figures from the pages of Indian history.
Bachelor of Science (Research)
Duration: 4 Years
Candidates who have completed their II PUC / 12th Standard in 2018 and those who are expecting to complete their II PUC / 12th Standard in 2019 are eligible to apply. The candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects during their II PUC / 12th Standard. Candidates who have studied Biology, Statistics, Electronics, Computer Science, etc., in addition to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are also eligible to apply. The candidates must have secured a first class or 60% or equivalent grade (relaxed to pass class for SC/ST candidates) in the II PUC / 12th Standard examination.
Based on the merit list of one of the following national examinations:
· KVPY-SA [appeared in 2017 and selected for the Fellowship]
· KVPY-SB [appeared in 2018 and selected for the Fellowship]
· KVPY-SX [appeared in 2018 and selected for the Fellowship]
· KVPY Fellows selected through the Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST candidates [appeared in 2017 for SA, 2018 for SB/SX and selected for the Fellowship]
2. (IIT)JEE-Main: Appearing in 2019 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 54% (EWS), 30% (SC/ST/PwD)
3. (IIT)JEE-Advanced: Appearing in 2019 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 54% (EWS), 30% (SC/ST/PwD)
4. NEET-UG: Appearing in 2019 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 54% (EWS), 30% (SC/ST/PwD)
Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/Economically Weaker Sections/Person with disability (PwD) and Kashmiri-Migrant (KM) candidates: As per Government of India regulations.
How to Apply:
Filling the Application Form (available only online): The online application may be prepared and submitted by accessing the IISc website with effect from 01.02.2019. The online application must be submitted on or before 30.04.2019. The application fee is Rs. 500/- for GN/OBC/KM candidates and Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/PWD categories. The fee is non-refundable; any bank or payment gateway service charges must be borne by the applicant).
Payment of the Application Fee: Mode of payment options: Online Payment - Net-banking, Visa Card/ Master Card, Debit/Credit Cards.
Last date for submission of online applications: 30th April, 2019 at 23:59 hours
To know more Information about this Course please visit: www.iisc.ac.in