Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute, RKMVERI, West Bengal
(Declared by Govt. of India as Deemed University u/s 3 of UGC Act, 1956)
PO Belur Math, Dist Howrah 711202
Howrah, West Bengal
Email: email@example.com Website: www.rkmvu.ac.in
It is well known that Swami Vivekananda (Swamiji) had long considered character to be the hallmark of an educated person. He emphasized times without number that education is not the “amount of information that is put into your brain” but the “life-building, man-making, character-making assimilation of ideas.” In 1939, the Governing Body of the Ramakrishna Mission took a small step towards actualizing this vision of education by starting an institution of higher education near Belur Math called Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandira. The name ‘Vidyamandira’ is Swamiji’s own christening of the educational institution he wanted near Belur Math. A couple of decades later, during Swami Vivekananda’s birth centenary year (1963), the authorities of the Ramakrishna Mission submitted a proposal to the Government for the starting of the Vivekananda University. For various reasons, however, the university did not materialize at that time. Efforts in this direction were made off and on in subsequent years until finally, a deemed university under University Grants Commission (UGC) was established under Ramakrishna Mission’s auspices in 2005. The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, declared the Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (RKMVERI) under the aegis of Ramakrishna Mission, as an Institution deemed-to-be university under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956. The Institute was subsequently renamed ‘Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University’ with the approval of UGC, but reverted to its initial name RKMVERI in 2017 upon a directive from the UGC.
M.A. in Yoga Full-time
Duration: 2 Years
· B.A.-Yoga / B.Sc-Yoga from a recognised University with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% Marks for Reserved Category),
· Graduation/ Post Graduation in any discipline + Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga, both from recognised University with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% Marks for Reserved Category)
· Students who are appearing for final exam of PGDY in 2020 can apply with the first semester marks sheet.
· Candidates who are currently studying in the final year/semester of BA/BSc in Yoga are also eligible to apply with the marks of 1st and 2nd years (admission is subject to securing 50% marks in aggregate).
· Students having undergraduate degree in Science/ Engineering / Medical will get MSc (Yoga) degree, students having undergraduate degree in other disciplines such as Arts,Humanities, Commerce etc. will get MA (Yoga) degree.
Maximum Age limit
· General category: 28 years as on 1/7/2020
· Reserved categories: 33 years (Age limit relaxation for reserved categories as per Govt. rules)
How to Apply:
Online Application Portal: https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
New applicants have to first register on the Online Application Portal, then Login and Apply.
After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee online from the same Portal.
(While applying online, attach the scan copy of your passport size photo.)
Once Application form is successfully submitted and fee is paid, Admit Card can be downloaded and printed from the Online Application Portal.
Applicants need to bring the Admit Card on the day of the entrance examination. Alternatively, they may carry their Admit Card (PDF) in their smart phone.
Candidates from out side West Bengal can apply also. After Filling up the application contact 9836231667. Arrangement will be made for admission test/ Interview in the nearest possible location in the state where the candidate is currently staying/studying.
Admission Test (Online)
Due to COVID-19 pandemic, admission test cannot be conducted in person. Therefore, an online admission test (Google quiz) will be conducted on 16 August 2020, 9 am. Candidates will get a link in their email address on the date of admission test. The quiz will have 30 multiple choice questions and duration will be 30 minutes. The quiz will be of single attempt, multiple responses cannot be done. After the time is over the quiz will automatically stop. A mock quiz will be sent to candidates few days before the exam.
Admitted students will be provided residential facility in the University hostel. Hostel will be opened only after COVID-19 situation is improved.
For application form related query send email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date of application: 15th August, 2020
Online Entrance Exam: 16th August 2020, 9 am
Online Interview: 17th August, 2020
Details will be sent to selected candidates via email.
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.rkmvu.ac.in