KARNATAKA STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST (K-SET) Center
Pareeksha Bhavan, University of Mysore, Mysore-570 005
University of Mysore (UoM), Mysore has announced the exam dates for Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET–2015), which will be conducted in December 2015. The KSET will be held on Sunday, December 06, 2015.
KSET is conducted for determining the eligibility for the lecturers, assistant professors of concerned universities, colleges, institutions (government, aided, private) of Karnataka state.
1. Candidates who have secured at least 55% of marks (without rounding off) for general category and 50% for Schedule Category (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons With Disability (PWD-VH,PH), Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB candidates, in master’s degree OR equivalent examination from universities , institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi, in subjects like Science, Humanities (including languages), Social science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic science etc., are eligible to appear for this test.
2. Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the Master’s degree examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also appear for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and if they become eligible in the KSET examination, their eligibility certificate will be issued only on production of proof for having passed the Master’s degree or equivalent examination securing at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC, ST, PWD (VH,PH), Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB candidates) within two years from the date of KSET examination, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
3. The Ph.D. Degree holders whose Master’s degree completed on or before 19th September 1991 (irrespective of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% marks for appearing in KSET examination.
4. Candidates shall appear for KSET examination in their relevant subject of their postgraduation only, in case the candidate did not find the subject of his post graduation in the list of KSET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC-NET , UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
5. Candidates other than general category are required to mention their social status (Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB, SC, ST, PWD (VH,PH)) in the online application form. Candidates may note that they should satisfy the eligibility conditions with reference to the documents such as PG degree marks cards & certificates, category certificates and certificates related to PWD (VH,PH) enclosed with their application. The category certificates submitted by the candidates must be issued by the competent authority and the issue date of such certificate should be not earlier to 1st July 2014. In case their ineligibility is detected due to invalid certificate by the KSET agency at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
6. Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that admission to the examination will not imply that the KSET center has finally accepted his, her candidature. Candidates may note that candidature will be deemed final only upon fulfilling of eligibility conditions.
AGE: There is no upper age limit to apply for KSET examination.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Candidates seeking admission to KSET 2015 examination must apply online website or through link available with the University of Mysore website.
2. Before proceeding to apply Candidates must possess a scanned passport size photo in JPEG format (4.5cm x 3.5cm) memory should not exceed 300 k. bytes.
3. Candidates should register (sign up for registration) giving personal and educational details. Candidates while mentioning their educational qualification they should select either as Passed or appearing as the case may be.
(Note: Candidate should note down and remember their email ID and password till the announcement of final results of KSET 2015 examination).
4. Candidates are required to download the bank challan proforma prefilled with candidate details, Email id, and Fee and bank commission. Payments towards KSET examination fee including bank charges must be deposited to KSET accounts in any of the nearest State Bank of Mysore branch only after two working days from the date of downloading bank challan.
5. After paying the necessary fee again after two days, candidates have to login with their registered email ID and password for downloading the application form and can take the printout of the 3 sheets of application form (hard copy) in A-4 size paper as detailed below;
a. Application form: to be submitted to the Nodal center chosen by the candidate
b. Attendance slip: to be submitted to the Nodal center chosen by the candidate
c. Admission card: to be retained by the candidate
6. Hard copy of the application form should be submitted to the respective Nodal center along with Original Bank Challan (KSET Copy) and attested copies of:
a. SSLC Marks Card
b. SC, ST, PWD (VH,PH), Cat-I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB category certificates
c. Proof of qualifying examination certificate and final PG Degree Marks Card. (For those who apply under appearing may submit the same after passing the qualifying examination).
Affix his, her pass port size photo at the place indicated on the hard copy of application form and must sign across the photograph. It should also duly be attested by the gazetted officer with seal.
7. All candidates should compulsorily submit the hard copy of application within the last date for submission, application received after the last date for submission will not be considered.
8. Candidates should enclose application form and all other related documents in an A4 size cover. Super scribed as [Application for KSET - 2015].
9. Printout of admission card should be retained by the candidate and bring on the day of examination after affixing passport size photo and it should be duly attested by gazetted officer. “NO Admission card” will be issued separately either by the Nodal centers or by KSET center.
Examination fee structure and Mode of Payment:
General Rs. 1000/-
Cat-IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB Rs. 800/-
Cat-I, SC, ST, PWD (VH, PH) Rs. 500/-
Late fee of Rs.100/- has to be paid by candidates who submit online application after the last date till the extended period.
Note: Candidates belonging to category IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB, Cat-I, SC, ST, PWD (VH, PH) who claim fee exemption must enclose attested Category certificate issued by competent authority along with the hard copy of the application.
Mode of payment: The examination fee, late fee have to be paid through bank challan only. After successful registration for online application, candidates can take the printout of challan (Bank Copy, KSET Copy & candidates copy) and make the payment as detailed in the challan (i.e. Exam. Fee + bank commission of Rs.20,-) in any of the SBM branches, KSET copy of the challan has to be submitted along with the hard copy of the application form to respective Nodal center.
1. Fee submitted by any other mode like money order, Demand draft, IPO etc., will NOT be accepted.
2. Fee once paid will NOT be refunded under any circumstances.
The Eleven KSET Nodal Centers where test will be conducted in Karnataka State with their respective codes are given below. The candidate can select any one Test Center for KSET examination.
Bengaluru, Belagavi, Ballari, Vijayapura, Davangere, Dharwad, Kalaburagi, Mangaluru, Mysuru, Shivamogga, Tumkuru
NOTE: PLEASE NOTE THAT TEST CENTER ONCE SELECTED IS FINAL AND WILL NOT BE ALLOWED FOR CHANGE OF CENTER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
1. Submission of On-line Application commences from: 20th July 2015
2. Last date for submission of online application: 14th August 2015
3. Last date for submission of online application with late fee of Rs. 100,-: 25th August 2015
4. Last date for submission of hard copy of the Application form along with copy of the bank challan, category certificate, PG degree marks card to the respective Nodal center.: 11th September 2015
5. Date of Examination: 06th December, 2015
To know more Information about entrance please click here