UPSC Combined Geo-scientist and Geologist Job Exam 2016
UPSC Geologist Exam 2016 – Apply Online for 265 Geologist & Geo-Scientist Posts: UPSC Geologist Recruitment 2016 announced. The much awaited UPSC Geologist Exam notification is here. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has issued a notification for conducting Combined Geologist & Geo- Scientist Examination 2016 for the recruitment of 265 Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist and Junior Hydrogeologist Posts. Eligible and interested candidates may apply through online mode from 1st March to 31st March 2016. Further details about Age limit, educational qualification, selection process, how to apply and online application form are given below:
UPSC Geologist Vacancy Details:
Organization Name: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Name of Examination: UPSC Geologist Examination 2016
Total Number of Vacancies: 265
Name of the Posts:
Category I: Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines
1.) Geologist: 260 Posts
· Geologist Group A: 100 Posts
· Geophysicist Group A: 80 Posts
· Chemist Group A: 80 Posts
Category II: Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources
2.) Geo-Scientist: 05 Posts
· Junior Hydrogeologist (Scientist B) Group A: 05 Posts
The Eligibility Criteria is the set of terms and conditions set by the UPSC for the candidates who will apply for the exam. Candidates can check the Eligibility criteria in detail below
Age Limitation Criteria: Candidates must be of the 21-32 year till the 1st January of the year of the admission.
Education Qualification Criteria: To be eligible for the Exam of Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist 2016 candidates must have Master’s degree in Geology, Applied Geology or Math Geology from a recognized university or the Board.
· Candidates having the diploma of Associateship in Applied Geology of Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad or a Degree (Master’s) in Mineral exploration from a recognized university (for posts in GSI): or Master’s degree in Hydro-geology from a recognized University (for the post in CGWB).
· Candidates in the final year of the examination can also apply for the examination.
Application Fee: Candidates are required to pay Rs. 200/- while SC, ST, Ex-serviceman category candidates are exempted from paying application fee.
Application fee should be paid through depositing money into any branch of SBI by cash or Net Banking of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur, State Bank of Hyderabad, Mysore, Patiala, Travancore or by using Visa, Master Credit, Debit Card.
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in written examination, interview and personal interview.
How to Apply:
Candidates who want to apply for the exam must apply by filling the application form when it will be available. The application form will be available in the Online Mode only and candidates must have to fill the application form and do the payment for the form till the last date of the application. Check the steps to apply for the exam below:
· The UPSC Geologist 2016 Online application form will be available on the Official website in or the link of the application form will also be hosted here when it will be available.
· Candidates have to fill all the necessary details in the Online Application Form and verify it completely.
· After filling all the details in the online form of Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist 2016, candidates have to upload the scanned photograph and signature according to the given format.
· The photograph and signature of the candidates must be properly scanned in the jpg format and their size should be between 40kb to 3 kb and for the signature it should be 1 kb only.
· After uploading the scanned photograph and signature, candidates have to do the payment for the application form.
· Payment will be done via Online as well as Offline methods both and after the successful payment the application form filling for Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist is completed.
The exam pattern gives the structural details of the exam to the candidates. Candidates who are preparing for the exam should follow the exam pattern to crack the exam successfully. It will be wastage of the time if the candidates do not prepare according to the exam pattern. The examination will be conducted in the written mode. Candidates who are preparing for the both Geo-Scientist and Geologist must have to appear for the following exam. Candidates who will appear for the category-1 will have to take the entire given Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Exam 2016 and candidates of the category-2 will have to take the exam 1, 2, 3 and 5.
Name of the exam Total Marks Total Duration
General English 100 3
Geology Paper-1 200 3
Geology Paper-2 200 3
Geology Paper-3 200 3
Hydro-geology 200 3
The syllabus for the UPSC Combined Geologist, Geo-Scientist Exam is detailed here for the perusal of the aspirants. The syllabus is a detailed synopsis of all the topics that you need to prepare for appearing in the exam. All the candidates should prepare for the exam as per the syllabus released by the exam bodies. The syllabus is distinct in nature for all the papers.
The Admit Card will be available on the official website in the Online Mode only when it will be released and link to check the admit card will also be hosted here i.e. website. There is no official date of the release of the admit card of the Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist 2016 Exam. Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website by filling their registration number and date of birth etc. The admit card is the proof of the identity of the candidate and candidates should carry it while appearing for the examination otherwise he, she will not be allowed to seat in the examination.
Release of the Notification and the Online Application Form 06 February 2016
End date of the Online Application Form 04 March 2016
Date of the Final exam 13 May 2016
To know more Information about Geologist Exam 2016 please click here