About GATE 2018:
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, Chennai – 600036
Telephone: 91 44 22578200, Website: www.gate.iitm.ac.in
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
Qualifying in GATE is a mandatory requirement for seeking admission and/or financial assistance to: (i) Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and (ii) Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Science, in the institutions supported by the MHRD and other Government agencies. Even in some colleges and institutions, which admit students without MHRD scholarship/assistantship, the GATE qualification is mandatory. Further, many Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have been using the GATE score in their recruitment process.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is basically an examination on the comprehensive understanding of the candidates in various undergraduate subjects in
Engineering/Technology/Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science. GATE 2019 will be conducted for 24 subjects (also referred to as “papers”) and it would be distributed over 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th of February 2019.
Online applications are invited for GATE 2019 examination. Admissions to Postgraduate Programs (Master's and Doctoral) with MHRD and other Government Scholarships/Assistantships in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Science are open to those who qualify in GATE. The GATE score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment. GATE 2019 score will be valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of results. Examination for all the papers will be Computer Based Tests.
The following candidates are eligible to appear in GATE 2019:
· Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
· Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
· Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
· Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
· Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programs.
· Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
· Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those who are in the final year of such programs.
· Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to
· B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
1. Chairman, GATE, IISc Bangalore, Bengaluru 560012, Website: gate.iisc.ac.in
2. Chairman, GATE, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400076, Website: gate.iitb.ac.in
3. Chairman, GATE, IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016, Website: gate.iitd.ac.in
4. Chairman, GATE, IIT Guwahati, Guwahati 781039, Website: gate.iitg.ac.in
5. Chairman, GATE, IIT Kanpur, Kanpur 208016, Website: gate.iitk.ac.in
6. Chairman, GATE, IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur 721302, Website: iitg.ac.in/gate-jam
7. Chairman, GATE, IIT Madras, Chennai 600036, Website: gate.iitm.ac.in
8. Chairman, GATE, IIT Roorkee, Roorkee 247667, Website: gate.iitr.ac.in
9. International GATE, IIT Madras
IIT Madras is not responsible for printing errors, if any.
GATE 2019 examinations will be conducted in select cities and towns in India as well as in the following cities abroad: Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Dubai (UAE), Kathmandu (Nepal), Singapore.
How to Apply:
For examination centres in India, the application fee is Rs. 750 for female candidates, Rs. 750 for SC/ST/PwD candidates and Rs. 1500 for all other candidates. Additional fee during extended period is Rs. 500.
For examination centres in Dubai and Singapore, the application fee is US$ 100, for Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu, the application fee is US$50. Additional fee during extended period is US$ 20. The application fee has to be paid ONLINE. The application fee once paid shall not be refunded.
Application Profess: All Candidates must apply online. For application, visit the
following URL: http://gate.iitm.ac.in Further details can be obtained by accessing any of the GATE/JAM zonal websites.
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens: 1st September, 2018
Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application: 21st September, 2018
Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application: 1st October, 2018
Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable): 16th November, 2018
Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal (for printing): 4th January, 2019
GATE 2019 Examination: 2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th February, 2019
Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal: 16th March 2019 (Saturday)
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.gate.iitm.ac.in