Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media, IIJNM, Bangalore
Opp. BGS, International Residential School, Nityanandanagar, Kumbalgudu, Kengeri Hobli
Phone-No: 91-80-25452564 25452565 +91-7829240368 9742295805
Email: email@example.com Website: www.iijnm.org
The Indian Institute of Journalism & New Media (IIJNM) is one of South Asia’s leading post-graduate schools of journalism and media. Located in Bangalore in the heart of India’s high-tech industry, the institute offers an excellent curriculum that combines both theory and practice to prepare its graduates for positions in the media industry. IIJNM offers a curriculum developed in association with Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, New York. Its programs in print, television, radio and multimedia journalism embody the best practices in media industry and media technology.
Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism (PGDJ) in Print, Broadcast, Online
The key requirements are:
We expect journalists to be sensitive to language and to organize their thoughts clearly and coherently. While we provide remedial help in improving writing skills, fair command of the English language is a requirement.
Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism (PGDJ): A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline is required. Applicants awaiting final year examination results or who will be graduating this year may also apply.
Diploma in Journalism: Students who have completed or awaiting results for 10+2 / pre-university are eligible to apply. Prior knowledge of computer applications is not a requirement.
How to Apply:
ADMISSION PROCEDURE CONSISTS OF:
1. Completion and submission of application form
2. Admission Test, Personal Interview, and Counselling
3. Notification and acceptance of admission
Completion and Submission of Application Form:
Complete the application form to place your application on active review.
We encourage submitting applications early to assure quick completion of the admission process to the limited number of seats.
Apply Online OR Download Application form form the website.
· Complete the application form (online or hard copy)
· Upload or attach a photocopy of your marks transcripts and degree certificates. Students awaiting final examination results may submit their provisional degree certificates or the latest marks transcripts.
· Upload or attach the required essay: Describe a recent event that has received major national or international attention, and how it affected you (between 600 and 750 words).
· Pay Rs. 1000 towards the application processing fee to place your application on active review.
The application processing fee may be paid using a credit/debit card (for online applications), or bank draft/pay order (payable at Bangalore) drawn in favour of “IIJNM Bangalore” for physical applications.
If you choose Physical Application (hard copy instead of online), send completed form to:
Admissions Processing Office
Indian Institute of Journalism & New Media
No. 502, 5th ‘C’ Main, 5th Cross, 2nd Block
HRBR Layout, Kalyana Nagar, Bangalore –560 043 India
Tel: 080-2545 2564 / 2545 2565; Fax: 080-2545 2563
Note: Those awaiting college examination results may be given conditional admission.
Early application deadline (with a concession of Rs. 10,000): 31st March, 2019
Regular Applications deadline: 13th May, 2019
To know more Information about this course please visit: www.iijnm.org