Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination (JNUEE) 2019
Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology (CEEB) 2019
West Block-1, Wing No. 6, 2nd Floor, RK Puram, New Delhi 110066
Office for communication:
C-20 1A/8 ,Sector 62, IITK Outreach Centre, Gautam Budh Nagar,
NOIDA-201309, Uttar Pradesh (India)
Phone: 7827980285, 7827980286 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has been established by Ministry of Human Resource Development as an independent autonomous, self-reliant and selfsustained premier testing organization. The conduct of the JNUEE 2019 and CEEB 2019 examinations has been entrusted to the NTA by Government of India.
The NTA will conduct the next JNUEE 2019 and CEEB 2019 examinations from 27 May to 30 May, 2019.
The Test will be conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode only. The candidates who desire to appear in the test may see the detailed Information Bulletin for JNUEE 2019 and CEEB 2019 which will be available on the website www.nta.ac.in and www.ntajnu.nic.in w.e.f. 15th March, 2019.
The candidates are required to apply online between 15th March, 2019 to 15th April, 2019. The fees can be paid up to 16th April, 2019.
About JNUEE (JNU Entrance Examination)
Admission to JNU is based on the performance of candidates in the All India Level Entrance Examination. The final selection is based upon the performance in the CBT for all programmes of study, except M.Phil. and Ph.D. For Selection in M.Phil. and Ph.D. candidates are called for Viva voce and final merit list for selection is made with 70% weightage for CBT score and 30% weightage for Viva. For details kindly refer to the e-prospectus 2019-20.
About CEEB (Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology)
Jawaharlal Nehru University has been conducting the Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology [CEEB] programme on behalf of Department of Biotechnology (DBT) for 54 participating Universities for admitting students to four Masters Programmes in Biotechnology i.e. M.Sc. Biotechnology [33 Universities], M. Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology [11 Universities], M. VSc. [03 Universities] and M. Tech. Biotechnology [07 Universities].
Major Subject group and sub-subjects for Degree programmes
Master and Doctoral degrees are awarded by JNU under 16 Schools & Special Centres available at
Annexure-II in Information Bulletin.
Scheme of Examination:
Mode of Examination: LAN Based CBT (Computer Based Test).
Duration: 3 Hours
Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions.
Maximum Marks: 100.
· 1, 2, 3 or 4 Marks for correct response (weightage of each question may vary for different programme)
· No negative marking for incorrect response Medium of Paper ENGLISH ONLY (Language courses may have exception)
Centre, Date and Shift of Examination: As indicated on the Admit Card.
To know more information about ‘Eligibility’ please see the Information Bulletin on the website www.nta.ac.in and www.ntajnu.nic.in.
The Minimum Age limit for B.A. (Hons.) Programme is 17 years as on 1 October 2019. There is no age bar for any other programme.
How to Apply:
· Candidates can apply for JNUEE 2019 and CEEB 2019 “Online” only on the website.
· Online Application Form may be submitted by accessing NTA website. The Application Form other than online mode will not be accepted, in any case.
· (i) Applicants can opt for maximum of three fields of study of their choice for the same level of Programme for appearing in the Entrance Examination. Single Application Form should indicate order of preference of fields of study for admission. (ii) Option(s) once exercised shall be final and no change of option(s) shall be allowed. The preference wise option given by the candidate in Online Application will be considered as final e.g. a candidate who has been selected for a discipline falling under higher preference will have no claim for other preferences of the same level of Programme. In other words, if a candidate gets selected in disciplines of higher preference, he/she will be offered admission only in that. (iii) If a candidate submits more than one Application Form for the same level of Programme, all his/her Application Form shall summarily be rejected.
· Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
· Candidates must ensure that e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the given e-mail address or SMS on given mobile number only.
· Instructions for filling Online Application Form :
v Download Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form. Read Information Bulletin carefully to ensure your eligibility.
v Follow the 5 steps given below to Apply Online:
Step-1: Apply for Online Registration and note down the system generated Application No.
Step-2: Fill Online Application Form
Step-3: Upload Scanned Photo (between 10 kb - 200 kb) & Signature (between 4kb - 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
Step-4: Pay Examination Fee using Syndicate/ICICI Payment Gateway and keep the proof of fee paid.
Step-5: Download Confirmation Page and Print at least four copies of Confirmation Page.
v All the 5 Steps can be completed together or at separate times.
· The candidates invited for viva-voce/those finally selected for admission will be intimated on their email id alternatively candidates can access the intimation on the JNU website. They are advised to make timely arrangements to appear for the viva-voce and for joining the programme, as the case may be. The University will not issue any paper intimation to the candidates.
· Candidates are advised to check JNU admission link regularly on website.
· It will be in the interest of candidates selected for admission to report for registration and join the programme of study immediately after the commencement of registration process.
1. The final submission of Online Application Form will remain incomplete if Step-3 and Step-4 are not completed. Such forms will stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
2. No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained by NTA/JNU under any circumstances.
3. The entire application process of JNUEE 2019 and CEEB 2019 is online, including uploading of scanned images, Payment of Fees, and Printing of Confirmation Page. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA through Post/ Fax/ by Hand.
4. Candidates are advised to keep visiting the NTA website regularly for latest examination related updates and to check their e-mails.
Candidates are NOT allowed to carry Instrument/ Geometry/ Pencil box, Handbag, Purse, any kind of Paper/ Stationery/ Textual material (printed or written material), Eatables and Water (loose or packed), Mobile Phone/ Ear Phone/ Microphone/ Pager, Calculator, DocuPen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Camera, Tape Recorder, Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, any metallic item or electronic gadgets/ devices in the Examination Hall/Room.
Diabetic students will be allowed to carry eatables like sugar tablets/fruits (like banana/apple/ orange) and transparent water bottle to the Examination Hall. However, they will not be allowed to carry packed foods like chocolates/candy/sandwich etc.
Online Submission of Application Form: 15th March to 15th April, 2019 up to 11:50 pm
Last Date of Successful Transaction of Fee through Credit/Debit Card/Net-Banking through e-challan up to bank hours: 16th April, 2019 up to 11:50 pm
Dates of Examination: 27, 28, 29 and 30 May, 2019. 31 May as Reserve Day
To know more Information about this Exam please visit: www.ntajnu.nic.in