National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test Unit, NTA
Phone No.: 120-6895200 (NTA Helpdesk)
Website: www.nta.ac.in, ntaneet.nic.in Email: email@example.com
Address for Communication:
Block C-20/IA/8, Sector-62, IITK Outreach Centre, Gautam buddh Nagar,
District, Noida-201309, Uttar Pradesh
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India (GOI) has established National Testing Agency (NTA) as an independent autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organisation for conducting efficient, transparent and international standard test in order to access the competency of candidates for admission to premier higher education institutions.
NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) 2020 (NEET (UG) - 2020) will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses and other undergraduate medical courses in approved/recognized Medical/Dental & other Colleges/ Institutes in India.
Section 14 of the National Medical Commission Act, 2019 provides for holding of a common and uniform National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to the undergraduate medical courses in all medical institutions including those governed under any other law. Thus, the admission to MBBS course in AIIMS, New Delhi, JIPMER and all AIIMS like Institutions will be made through NEET. The eligibility criteria applicable to appear in NEET (UG) shall also be applicable to the candidates desirous to take admission to INIs like AIIMS. Similarly, the criteria for minimum qualifying marks to be eligible for admission to MBBS course shall also be applicable to INIs. Further, the common counseling for admission to MBBS course in these INIs shall be conducted by the DGHS as per the Time Schedule specified in the MCI’s regulations. The NEET (UG) - 2020 will be conducted on Sunday, the 03 May, 2020. The responsibility of the NTA is limited to the conduct of the entrance examination, declaration of result and for providing an “All India Rank Merit List” to the Directorate General Health Service, Government of India for the conduct of counselling for 15% All India Quota Seats and for providing the result to States/other Counselling Authorities.
Date of Entrance Test
NEET (UG) - 2020 will be conducted on 3 May 2020 (Sunday) from 02:00 p.m. to 05:00 p.m. The duration of test will be three (03) hours.
The schedule will remain unaltered even if the date of test is declared a public holiday.
Eligibility for appearing in NEET (UG) – 2020 is as per related Regulations is as follows: -
i. He/she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31 December of the year of his/her admission to the first year Undergraduate Medical Courses.
ii. The upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-NCL category and PwD Candidates.
NOTE: The upper age limit of 25 years as prescribed under the Regulations on Graduate Medical Education, 1997 vide amendment dated 22.01.2018, was challenged before the Hon'ble High Court of Delhi and the said upper age limit had been upheld vide judgement dated 11.05.2018 in W.P. No.1813/2018 & other connected matters. The said judgement dated 11.05.2018 was challenged before the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India in SLP (C) No. 14320/2018 & other connected matters, when vide interim order dated 29.11.2018, candidates who are 25 years and above were provisionally permitted to appear in NEET-UG-2019 subject to the final outcome of the said matters. The Supreme Court thereafter, vide order dated 29.04.2019 had permitted the candidates to appear provisionally in the Counselling subject to the adjudication o f the matters. The aforesaid matters are pending adjudication before the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India and the authorities shall abide by any order that may be passed for NEET-UG-2020.
Thus, the candidates above 25 years are provisionally permitted to appear and their candidature is subject to the outcome of pending Petitions before the Hon'ble Supreme Court.
Accordingly, the eligibility conditions regarding age limit have been revised as under:
For Candidates of General (UR)/General-EWS
born on or before 31.12.2003
For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD Category
iii. Indian Citizens/ Overseas Citizens of India intending to pursue Undergraduate Medical Courses from a foreign Medical/ Dental Institute also need to qualify NEET (UG).
Eligibility for seats under the control of States/Deemed Universities/Central Universities/ESIC and AFMC including Delhi University (DU), BHU & AMU/central pool quota, AIIMS, JIPMER.
i. Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons with Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical/Dental/Ayurveda/Siddha/Unani/Homeopathy Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments, Institutions and the Government of India as the case may be.
ii. Foreign nationals may confirm their eligibility from the concerned Medical/Dental/ Ayurveda/ Siddha/Unani/Homeopathy College/State.
iii. Notwithstanding anything stated above, the eligibility criteria to appear in NEET (UG) shall also be applicable to the candidates desirous to take admission in Undergraduate Medical Courses in concerned INIs like AIIMS.
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota seats
a) Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals are eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats.
b) Candidates from UT of J&K and Ladakh
i. Students from UT of J&K and Ladakh are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats as UT of J&K and Ladakh have opted out of All India Scheme since its inception. If they claim eligibility, they must submit online Self Declaration which will be generated and printed automatically alongwith confirmation page for the record and they need to present the same during counselling. The Self-Declaration Form is given in Appendix- III.
ii. With regard to participation of UT of J&K and Ladakh in the All India Quota, it is informed that the erstwhile State of J&K had opted to stay out of the All India Quota Scheme since inception and as such the students of J&K were also not allowed to participate for admission in all India Quota seats. Now, with the coming into effect of the J&K Reorganization Act, 2019 and formation of UTs, the UT of J&K has been requested to consider for participation in the All India Quota. A decision is yet to be taken by the UT administration in this regard. However, the UT of Ladakh does not have any medical college. Therefore, the decision of participation of UT of J&K will be conveyed in due course.
iii. The Self Declaration Form submitted by candidate will be verified at the time of counselling. If the declaration is found to be false at any time, the candidature/admission of such candidates shall be cancelled and criminal proceedings may be initiated against such candidates.
iv. Candidates from the UT of J&K and Ladakh can appear in NEET (UG) 2020 for admission to Private Medical/Dental/Ayurveda/Siddha/Unani/Homeopathy Colleges or any Private/Deemed University and AFMC, AIIMS, JIPMER subject to the fulfilment of respective eligibility conditions.
Fee Payable by candidates:
· General: Rs. 1500/-
· General-EWS/ OBC-NCL*: Rs. 1400/-
· SC/ST/PwD/Transgender: Rs. 800/-
Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable.
How to Apply:
1. Candidates can apply for NEET (UG) - 2020 through “Online” mode only.
2. Submission of Online Application Form may be done by accessing NTA website ntaneet.nic.in. The Application Form in any other mode will not be accepted.
3. Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate.
4. Candidates must follow the instructions given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website strictly. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
5. Candidates must ensure that e-mail Address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own or parents only as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through email on the registered e-mail address or SMS on registered Mobile Number only.
6. Instructions for filling Online Application Form:
· Download Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form. Read these carefully to ensure your eligibility. In case a candidate is found to fill in more than one application, the admit card will be cancelled/withheld and his/her candidature will be forfeited for this/future examination.
· Follow the steps given below to Apply Online:
Step-1: Apply for Online Registration using your or parents unique Email Id and Mobile No.
Step-2: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No.
Step-3: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s latest Passport size Photograph (size: 10 kb to 200 kb), Post Card size photograph (4”X6”) (Size: 50 kb - 300 kb) and Candidate’s Signature (file size: 4kb - 30kb), Left hand thumb impression (file size: 10 kb-50 kb) in JPG/JPEG format. (In case of any eventuality of left thumb being unavailable, right hand thumb impression may be used.), Class X Passing Certificate (file size: 100 kb to 400 kb) in JPG/JPEG format. For photography, the focus needs to be on face (80% face coverage, ears clearly visible, on white background).
Step-4: Pay fee using SBI/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI/Paytm Payment Gateway through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net-banking/UPI and keep proof of fee paid safely for future reference. In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is cancelled, and amount will be refunded to the candidate’s account. However, the candidate has to make another transaction of fee, in case the Confirmation Page is not generated.
· Download, save and print copies of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee and keep copies safely for future reference.
· All the 4 Steps can be done together in one go or at different times.
7. Candidates are advised to regularly visit the NTA website and also check their e-mails/SMS for latest updates.
8. Candidate shall appear at their own cost at the Examination Centre on Date and Timing indicated on their Admit Card issued by the NTA.
9. Any request to change the Examination Centre, Date and Time provided on the Admit Card shall not be considered under any circumstances.
10. Candidates are advised to take 6-8 Passport size and 4-6 Post Card size (4”X6”) colored photographs with white background. The photographs are to be used for uploading on Online Application Form, for examination and also for Counselling/Admission.
1. The final submission of Online Application Form will remain incomplete if step-3 and step-4 under point 6 are not completed. Such forms will stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
2. No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained by NTA under any circumstances.
3. The entire application process of NEET (UG)-2020 is online, including uploading of scanned images, Payment of Fees, and Printing of Confirmation Page. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA through Post/ Fax/ by Hand/E-mail.
On-line submission of Application Form (including uploading of photograph and signature): 2nd December, 2019 to 31st December, 2019 (up to 11:50pm)
Last Date of successful transaction of fee Through Credit/Debit Card/Net-Banking/UPI: 2nd December, 2019 to 1st January, 2020 (up to 11:50pm)
Date of Examination: 3rd May, 2020 from 02:00p.m. To 5:00p.m. Examination Centre As indicated on Admit Card
Declaration of Result on NTA website by: 4th June, 2020
To know more Information about this Exam please visit: www.nta.ac.in