Birla Institute of Technology, BIT, Mesra
Mesra, Ranchi, Jharkhand
Phone-No: 0651-2275444 896 2276249 267 432 Ext. 469 2275868 Dir
Fax: 0651- 2275401
Email: email@example.com Website: www.bitmesra.ac.in
For over five decades, BIT Mesra (located 16 kms from Ranchi, the Jharkhand state-capital) has been engaged in nurturing minds through a rich heritage of academic excellence. Essentially a hub of bustling student activities, the beautiful campus has been a second-home to thousands of students in their journey to challenge the times. Established in 1955 by visionary-industrialist Mr. B.M. Birla, it is today one of the most premier engineering destinations in India.
PhD (Full-Time/Part-Time) [Departments: Architecture, Bio-Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science & Technology, Physics, Production Engineering, Remote Sensing, Space Engineering & Rocketry] Session Spring- 2020
Candidates with following qualification shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. Programme of the Institute:
(a) Candidates possessing M.Tech./M.E./M.Sc. (Engg.)/M.Arch./M.Pharm./M.Plan./M.Sc./MCA/MBA or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for admission in the relevant departments.
(b) Candidates possessing B.Tech./B.E/B.Sc.(Engg.)/B.Pharm/B.Arch./B.Plan. or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with a minimum of 80% marks or 8.0 CGPA on a ten-point scale in the qualifying examination and a valid GATE/GPAT score with a minimum of 80 percentile are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization. (In this case, the candidates need to pass in more numbers of qualifying Pre-PhD papers; the concerned detail is described in Ph.D. Ordinance 2018 -Section 9.1).
(c) Sponsored candidates must have minimum of two years of professional work experience, besides fulfilling the above criteria. In addition, such candidates should have valid sponsorship at least for three years.
RELAXATION FOR SC/ ST CANDIDATES
Eligibility criteria will be relaxed by 5% marks for SC / ST candidates.
1. NOC from the Institute is mandatory for employees of the Institute which shall be obtained before appearing at the admission test for the Ph.D. programme.
2. Employees from other organizations shall produce NOC from his/her respective employers at the time of admission.
3. In case of the candidates with other grade point scale, the decision of the equivalence made by the assigned committee of the Institute shall be final.
A limited number of Institute Research Fellowship (IRF) with a fellowship amount of Rs. 25,000/- per month for the first two years and Rs. 28,000/- per month for the next two years is available depending on the performance. The minimum marks required for IRF may vary across the departments and department wise minimum marks shall be decided by an appropriate committee. These IRFs shall be distributed based on the performance in the admission test, academic career and interview. Ph.D. admission test is mandatory for candidate aspiring for the IRF.
How to Apply:
1. To fill online application form, click on the link “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE” to register for the programme and create password for the application process. Do not share the password with anybody. Please see instructions for filling online application form.
2. Eligible candidates must complete and submit the application form online only [link available on the Institute website]. Pay application fee of Rs.2,500/- (General / OBC candidates) and Rs.1,500/- (SC/ST candidates) inclusive of GST charges through ICICI payment Gateway (candidates may use net banking / debit card / credit card / UPI of any nationalized bank) till the last date of application process. Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
• Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
• Apply for one department only.
• The Department-wise list of candidates to be called for Written Test will be displayed on the Institute website before 7-10 days of Ph.D. Written Test.
• Candidates must carry application form along with supporting documents in original and one set of photocopies of the same at the time of reporting for written test. No individual intimation will be sent to candidates.
• No Admit Card will be issued to candidates.
• Candidates whose names do not appear in the lists, may contact Admissions Office at Mesra by telephone or email.
• Candidates must carry one of the following valid Photo identifications during reporting for Written Test. (Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhar Card, Employee Identification Card are acceptable)
Filling of online form commences from: 26th October, 2019
Last date for applying Online: 25th November, 2019
Date of Entrance Test: 16th December, 2019
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.bitmesra.ac.in