Indian Institute of Technology, IIT, Bhilai
GEC Campus Sejbahar
Email: email@example.com Website: www.iitbhilai.ac.in
IIT Bhilai invites applications for admission to Sponsored PhD Programs in the departments of Computer Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics and Chemistry for the session starting from December 2017. IIT Bhilai is an institute of national importance declared as such under the Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act 2016 to provide for education and research in various branches of Engineering, Technology, Science, and Arts.
Ph.D [Discipline: Chemistry, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Liberal Arts, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics]
A. Applicants must have ONE of the following in appropriate subject areas.
1. Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent degree, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST/PwD).
2. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST/PwD).
3. Master’s degree in science, arts or equivalent degree, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST/PwD).
B. Applicants must also fulfill ONE of the following additional requirements.
1. Valid GATE Score / NET (refer below).
2. Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ ICAR/ ICMR/ ICPR or DST INSPIRE Fellowship.
3. Minimum of 2 years of professional experience. The experience gained while acquiring Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or experience acquired after obtaining the qualifying degree and completed before the starting of the semester in which admission is sought may be considered as professional experience.
4. BTech in IIT with a CPI/CGPA of 8.0 or more.
An ongoing degree may also be considered as a qualifying degree provided the applicant graduates before the PhD program starts. Discipline specific requirements are given below.
· Chemistry: Gate Score in CY/CH/XE if applicable.
· Computer Science and Engineering: GATE score in CS/ EC/ EE/ MA/ PH if applicable.
· Electrical Engineering: GATE score in EE/ EC/ IN/ CS/ MA/ PH/XE if applicable.
· Liberal Arts: Must have Qualified NET/UGC JRF (Psychology/English/Economics) or ICMR JRF (Social Sciences).
· Mathematics: Must have qualified CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Mathematical Sciences or GATE in MA/ST or JRF in NBHM/DST-INSPIRE.
· Mechanical Engineering: GATE score in AE/ CE/ ME/ PI/ PH/ XE if applicable.
· Physics: Gate Score in PH/EE/ME/XE if applicable.
Application categories for PhD admission
An applicant who meets the eligibility criteria may apply for admission to the PhD program under sponsored category if he/she is either awardee of research fellowship from some recognized funding agency (CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ ICAR/ ICMR/ ICPR etc. or DST INSPIRE Fellowship) or is sponsored by his/her employer or is ready to self-sponsor himself/herself for the duration of PhD tenure. A certificate/declaration of sponsorship from the sponsoring body must be submitted by the applicant at the time of applying for admission.
N.B. - Sponsored candidate DOES NOT receive institute fellowship.
Sponsored candidate needs to apply as one of the following:
i) Full-time: A sponsored applicant may apply for admission to PhD program as sponsored full-time student. Such a student needs to be present on the campus for the duration of PhD as per the rules of IIT Bhilai.
ii) Part-time: Professionally employed personnel such as working engineers, scientists and teachers who can, while employed, attend regular classes as per schedule of IIT Bhilai may apply for admission to PhD program as sponsored part-time student. The applicant must be an employee of a recognized organization and be engaged in professional work in the area to which admission is sought. The student must be available in person for discussion/meeting with the supervisor on a regular basis. The applicant shall give an undertaking endorsed by the employer that the applicant will be relieved to attend all classes.
iii) External: An applicant working in industry / academic establishment / research laboratories having R&D facilities may apply for admission to PhD program as external applicant. Such a student is expected to carry out all/major part of the research work in the organization employing the student. The employer must explicitly undertake to relieve the applicant for staying on the campus to complete the required course work. A certificate to that effect from the sponsoring organization must be provided by the applicant at the time of applying for admission. The student will be under joint supervision of a supervisor from IIT Bhilai and one from his/her parent organization. The applicant shall provide the CV of the prospective supervisor who would supervise the applicant's work at his/her organization. Such applicants may apply as full-time or part-time scholar.
A) External Full-time: An external full-time student needs to be involved in full-time research at the organization employing the student.
B) External Part-time: An external part-time student may be involved in his/her regular job assignments along with the research for PhD.
How to Apply:
STEP-I: Apply Online
Candidate has to apply online from IIT Bhilai website. After filling the details, an Application Number will be generated. Candidate should note down the Application Number. Please note that you have to upload your testimonials wherever it is required to validate your information along with your digital photograph and signature. After final submission of your online application, you will be able to generate your online application print with your specific details/data. This application print may be retained with you for future requirement.
STEP-II: Make Payment
Payment of application fee has to be made through State Bank Collect only. Candidate to visit SBI Collect, for fees payment, first select the appropriate category and then (PhD Application Fee). After making payment, SBI Collect will generate payment reference number (viz. DU12345678), candidate has to retain a copy of sbi i-collect receipt for any future reference.
Note: Successful completion of all the above two steps is mandatory.
Note: For any query, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date for submitting online application form: 25th October, 2019 (17:00 Hrs IST)
Entrance tests and interviews: 3rd December to 4th December, 2019
To know more Information about this course please visit: www.iitbhilai.ac.in