Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, VSSUT, Sambalpur
The Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology (VSSUT) Odisha was formed by Orissa Act 9 of 2009 by converting University College of Engineering (UCE), Burla to a non-affiliating Unitary University and came into force by issue of notification by the Industries Department, Government of Odisha from 1st day of July 2009(Vide memo No.IV/TTI-33/2009-8553 and 8564 dtd.10th June 2009. The 1st Statutes of VSSUT, Burla 2010 has been approved by the Odisha Government vide Industry Department notification No.V-FE-II-01/2010/8697 dated 21st June, 2010. This State Government University is also recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi vide UGC letter No.. F.9-36/2009(CPP-I) dtd.5th Jan 2010. The University is empowered to award degrees as specified by the UGC under section 22 of the UGC Act. Proposal for 12(B) fitness of UGC has already been submitted to UGC.
This legendary University is named after Veer Surendra Sai, the great Indian freedom fighter who was born on 23rd January 1809 and sacrificed his life fighting against the British and died in obscurity in Asirgarh Jail on 28 February 1884. In a University where so many young scholars have come to build their lives, Veer Surendra Sai is a perfect role model for our professionals in making to dedicate their life to the cause of motherland. The University continues to feel proud for this real life hero.
Master of Technology MTech
in Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, VSSUT, Sambalpur
Master of Technology (MTech) [Streams in: Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering & IT, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Telecomm. Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering]
Eligibility and Selection Procedure for Master of Technology MTech in Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, VSSUT, Sambalpur
The candidates satisfying the following criteria are eligible for admission to M.Tech Programmes in VSSUT, Burla.
· The minimum qualification for admission to any M.Tech programme is B.Tech/equivalent in the relevant discipline.
· Candidates with degrees considered equivalent to B.Tech such as those obtained in the examinations conducted by Professional bodies (such as AMIE and AMIM) are also eligible for admission. 1.2 All such candidates seeking admission to any M.Tech programme must have secured 60% (or 6.5 in B.Tech or equivalent examination (Section-B for AMIE).
SELECTION: The following procedures shall be adapted for selection of candidates for admission into M.Tech Programmes in VSSUT, Burla.
· Candidates with valid GATE score and satisfying requirement as specified in Section 1.1 & 1.2 can be given admission to any M.Tech programme on the basis of their GATE scores directly. This is applicable for both General and SC/ST candidates, SC/ST candidates being considered separately for seats reserved for the purpose.
· When sufficient number of GATE qualified candidates are not available for admission to any M.Tech Programme, students meeting the rest of the admission criteria can be admitted on the basis of merit as per the guidelines given under item (c). They, however, will not be entitled to get any scholarship from Government sources.
How to Apply:
Application Procedure for Master of Technology MTech in Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, VSSUT, Sambalpur
SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM
The interested Candidates shall download the application form from the University www.vssut.ac.in and send a hard copy of the completed application duly signed by the candidate alongwith the documents mentioned below by speed post so as to reach the Registrar, VSSUT, Burla. The envelope containing the application should be super scribed as “Application for M.Tech Programme 2016” along with name of the Department as applicable.
Documents to be enclosed:
· Non-refundable demand draft of Rs 500/-(Rs 200/- in case of SC/ST Candidates) in favour of VSSUT, Burla payable at SBI, Burla (Code-2034) or Syndicate Bank, VSSUT (Code-8062).
· Attested copy of certificate of 10th / Equivalent Examination.
· Attested copy of certificate of +2 Sc. / Equivalent Examination.
· Attested copy of certificate of B.Tech / Equivalent Examination.
· Attested copy of Grade sheets / Mark sheets of the 10th / Equivalent Examination.
· Attested copy of Grade sheets / Mark sheets of the +2 Sc. / Equivalent Examination.
· Attested copy of Grade sheets / Mark sheets of all the semesters of B.Tech / Equivalent Examination.
· Attested copy of valid GATE Score.
· Attested copy of SC/ST caste certificate, if applicable.
· The Candidates, who have not passed the final B.Tech Examination, but have already appeared the above examination, shall submit the following documents in place of documents mentioned in Sl. Nos.4 and 7.
· Appeared certificate of final Semester of B.Tech Examination from the Head of institution in original.
· Grade Sheet/ Mark sheets of all the Semester of B.Tech Examination except final Semester duly authenticated by the Head of Institution.
Last date for Submission form: 07th May, 2016
To know more Information about course please visit: www.vssut.ac.in