Indian Institute of Plantation Management, IIPM, Bangalore
Jnana Bharathi Campus, P.O. Malathalli
Phone-No: 91-80-23212647 23211716
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.iipmb.edu.in
Realizing the potentialities and needs of modernization of the plantation sector through management education and training, the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India constituted a core group in 1990 to set up a strategic institution of management education in the plantation sector. IIPM envisaged as a centre of excellence, to act as a think tank and an intellectual resource base for the plantation and associated agri-business sector. It is an exclusive sectoral school of management in Asia, based on a new model intensive institute-industry interaction. In November 1993, the institute was established as an autonomous educational institute of higher learning. It is jointly sponsored by Commodity Boards of India viz., Coffee Board, Tea Board, Rubber Board, Spices Board and Plantation Associations viz., UPASI and India Tea Association (ITA).
Professional Certificate Program on Tea Tasting and Marketing (PCP-TTM) 12th Batch
· Graduate in any discipline, recognized by UGC/ AIUs/Foreign Universities.
· Proficiency in written and oral communication in English is essential. Sponsored candidates by planters, plantation associations, Brokerages, tea manufacturers, tea buyers, Beverage sector and blenders will be given special consideration in eligibility norms.
· Foreign Nationals/NRIs/PIO candidates can also apply.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of interview, psychometric test and blind (sensory) test on tea tasting, if required.
45 days intensive program, starting from 20th May (Monday) to 03rd July (Wednesday) 2019.
On successful completion of the program with eligible credits, the participants will be awarded Certificate Program on Tea Tasting and Marketing.
The tuition fee for the program is Rs 70,000/- (for National Candidates) and US$ 1175 (for Foreign Nationals /PIO Candidates) to be paid on confirmation of the admission to the program
This does not include mess charges, hostel rent & electricity charges, computer charges, expenses on books & reading material, field/industry visits to North India and other personal expenses.
The reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates is applicable as per the Government of India rules, subject to meeting the other eligibility criteria for admission.
How to Apply:
· For Prospectus, Application Form, contact the Admissions Office, along with a crossed Demand Draft for Rs.1000/- for National candidates (Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PH candidates with relevant certificates) and US$ 15 for Foreign Nationals, drawn in favour of “Indian Institute of Plantation Management”, payable at Bangalore.
· Application form can also be downloaded from Institute’s website and filled-in application along with fee may be sent to "MDP Office, Indian Institute of Plantation Management, Jnana Bharathi Campus, P.O., Malathalli", Bangalore-560056, India
· Foreign Nationals, PIOs and NRI candidates can also apply through Special Application Form available in the Institute’s website.
Filled in Application Forms should reach the Institute on or before: 12th April 2019 (Friday)
To know more Information about this course please visit: www.iimpb.edu.in