Indian Institute of Technology, IIT, Bhilai
GEC Campus Sejbahar
Email: email@example.com Website: www.iitbhilai.ac.in
IIT Bhilai invites applications for admission to Sponsored PhD Programs in the departments of Computer Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics and Chemistry for the session starting from December 2017. IIT Bhilai is an institute of national importance declared as such under the Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act 2016 to provide for education and research in various branches of Engineering, Technology, Science, and Arts.
Ph.D [Discipline: Chemistry, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Liberal Arts, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics]
A. Applicants must have ONE of the following in appropriate subject areas.
1. Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent degree, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST/PwD).
2. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST/PwD).
3. Master’s degree in science, arts or equivalent degree, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST/PwD).
B. Applicants must also fulfill ONE of the following additional requirements.
1. Valid GATE Score / NET (refer below).
2. Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ ICAR/ ICMR/ ICPR or DST INSPIRE Fellowship.
3. Minimum of 2 years of professional experience. The experience gained while acquiring Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or experience acquired after obtaining the qualifying degree and completed before the starting of the semester in which admission is sought may be considered as professional experience.
4. BTech in IIT with a CPI/CGPA of 8.0 or more.
An ongoing degree may also be considered as a qualifying degree provided the applicant graduates before the PhD program starts. Discipline specific requirements are given below.
· Chemistry: CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Chemical Sciences or GATE in CY.
· Computer Science and Engineering: GATE score in CS/ EC/ EE/ MA/ PH if applicable.
· Electrical Engineering: GATE score in EE/ EC/ IN/ CS/ MA/ PH if applicable.
· Liberal Arts: Qualified in NET.
· Mathematics: CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Mathematical Sciences or GATE in MA or JRF in NBHM/DST-INSPIRE.
· Mechanical Engineering: GATE score in AE/ CE/ ME/ PI/ PH/ XE if applicable.
· Physics: CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Physical Sciences or GATE in PH/EE.
Sponsored PhD Programs
Applicant meeting the eligibility criteria may apply for admission to the PhD program under sponsored category if he/she is either awardee of research fellowship from some recognized funding agency (CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ ICAR/ ICMR/ ICPR etc. or DST INSPIRE Fellowship) or is sponsored by his/her employer or is ready to self-sponsor himself/herself for the duration of PhD tenure. A certificate/declaration of sponsorship from the sponsoring body must be submitted by the applicant at the time of applying for admission.
Sponsored candidate needs to apply as one of the following:
i) Full-time: A sponsored applicant may apply for admission to PhD program as sponsored full-time student. Such a student needs to be present on the campus for the duration of PhD as per the rules of IIT Bhilai.
ii) Part-time: Professionally employed personnel such as working engineers, scientists and teachers who can, while employed, attend regular classes as per schedule of IIT Bhilai may apply for admission to PhD program as sponsored part-time student. The applicant must be an employee of a recognized organization and be engaged in professional work in the area to which admission is sought. The student must be available in person for discussion/meeting with the supervisor on a regular basis. The applicant shall give an undertaking endorsed by the employer that the applicant will be relieved to attend all classes.
iii) External: An applicant working in industry / academic establishment / research laboratories having R&D facilities may apply for admission to PhD program as external applicant. Such a student is expected to carry out all/major part of the research work in the organization employing the student. The employer must explicitly undertake to relieve the applicant for staying on the campus to complete the required course work. A certificate to that effect from the sponsoring organization must be provided by the applicant at the time of applying for admission. The student will be under joint supervision of a supervisor from IIT Bhilai and one from his/her parent organization. The applicant shall provide the CV of the prospective supervisor who would supervise the applicant's work at his/her organization. Such applicants may apply as full-time or part-time scholar.
A) External Full-time: An external full-time student needs to be involved in full-time research at the organization employing the student.
B) External Part-time: An external part-time student may be involved in his/her regular job assignments along with the research for PhD.
How to Apply:
Details of the application fee for PhD admissions are as folows. The application fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable. Payments have to be made online by using State Bank Collect only. [Link available on the website]
Application Fee for PhD Admissions 2018-19-W Semester
· SC/ST/PwD category candidates: Rs. 100/-
· All other candidates: Rs. 200/-
STEP-I: Apply Online
Candidate has to apply online from IIT Bhilai website. After filling the details, an Application Number will be generated. Candidate should note down the Application Number. Please note that you have to upload your testimonials wherever it is required to validate your information along with your digital photograph and signature. After final submission of your online application, Application number along with the pdf of your online application will be generated. The application number may be retained for making payment and for any future communication.
STEP-II: Make Payment
On successfully submitting the application, make payment by clicking on "Make Payment" button using the Application Number available on the generated pdf. Candidate has to select the appropriate payment category for making payment. After making payment, candidate has to retain a copy of SBI Bank Collect receipt for any future reference.
Note: Successful completion of all the above two steps is mandatory.
Last date for submitting online application form: 9th November, 2018 (5:00 pm)
Last date for completing the payment: 9th November, 2018 (11:00 pm)
Entrance tests and interviews: 4th December to 11th December, 2018
To know more Information about this course please visit: www.iitbhilai.ac.in