Institute of Rural Management Anand, IRMA, Gujarat
(NAAC "A" Accredited)
Post Box No. 60, Anand, 388001, Gujarat
Phone: 02692 221659
Fax: 02692 260188
Email: email@example.com, Website www.irma.ac.in
IRMA was established in 1979 at Anand, Gujarat with the support of the Swiss Agency for Development Cooperation (SDC), the Government of India, Government of Gujarat, the erstwhile Indian Dairy Corporation and the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB). The rationale behind its installation had to do with providing management education, training, research and consultancy support to co-operatives and rural development organisations in India.
Fellow Programme in Rural Management (FPRM)Approved by AICTE
To be eligible for admission to the FPRM 2020 programme an applicant must satisfy the following two conditions:
Anybody with a postgraduate or postgraduate equivalent degree/diploma from a recognized university or institution in any discipline with minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade can apply. (5% less for those eligible for reservations). Those expecting to complete the final exams of these degrees by July 01, 2020 may also apply.
Qualifying Exams: Having valid scores/results of the last five years in any of the following standard qualifying exams or tests.
· The percentage of aggregate marks is to be calculated as per the practice followed by the concerned university or institution. In case the university/institution does not have a scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence will be established by IRMA by dividing the obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100. Applicants, who expect to fulfill the eligibility requirements before July 01, 2020, are encouraged to apply.
· The cut-off period for validity of the qualifying exam or test score is five years preceding the last date specified for the submission of application form to FPRM. Valid scores obtained from February 20, 2014 onwards in all the specified qualifying exams are eligible.
· Those with PGDRM from IRMA and PGP from any of the IIMs (including Agri-Business Management) are exempted from the above qualifying tests or validity period.
· IRMA follows the statutory reservation policy of Government of India. Seats not filled by candidates of the reserved category will be offered to the general category.
· Merely fulfilling eligibility criteria may not entitle a candidate for a personal interview or automatic admission to FPRM.
All eligible applicants must submit along with their application a preliminary research proposal of about 2000 words. The proposal should cover topic/problem of the proposed research, its relevance, objectives and methodology of the study, and expected results or findings.
The applications will be screened by the designated selection committee of IRMA on the basis of multiple parameters like academic qualification, test scores, research proposal, and reservation. The selection committee will arrive at screening and cut-off criteria depending on the response. Those found eligible as per screening will be called for the personal interview (PI). The final selection will consist of presentation of the research proposal and personal interview and will focus on assessing research aptitude, subject knowledge/clarity, analytical abilities, general personality, and perseverance of the candidate. The selection committee, if necessary, may conduct a short written test for those called for PI to assess their analytical and communication abilities. The decision of selection committee regarding the process and criteria will be final.
How to Apply:
Applicant can apply online and pay through payment gateway. Fees applicable to admission is displayed in the below.
· General & OBC: Rs. 1400/-
· SC/ST/DAP: Rs. 700/-
All correspondence related to FPRM admission should be addressed to:
Mr. Janak R. Brahmbhatt, Manager (Academics)
Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA)
Anand: 388001, Gujarat
Phone: 02692 - 221657/659/940, WhatsApp: 7069066711
Last date for receipt of completed applications is: 15th March, 2020
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.irma.ac.in