Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, HBCSE, Mumbai
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, TISR
VN Purav Marg, Mankhurd
Phone-No: 022- 25072304 25072230
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite: www.hbcse.tifr.res.in
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, HBCSE is a National Centre of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai. The broad goals of the Centre are to promote equity and excellence in science and mathematics education from primary school to undergraduate college level, and encourage the growth of scientific literacy in the country. To these ends it carries out a wide spectrum of inter-related activities, which may be viewed under three broad categories: (a) Research and Development, (b) Teacher Orientation and Science Popularisation, and (c) Olympiads and other Students' Nurture Programmes. Links to different activities are provided below.
PhD in Science Education
M.Sc. (in any subject), M. Tech or a Master's degree (M.A./ M.S.W.) in any of the social/ behavioural sciences/ psychology/ linguistics/ sociology/ economics/ anthropology, M.Ed. with a science or social sciences/humanities undergraduate degree.
Rs. 25000/- per month till registration, Rs. 28000/- per month post-registration
Additionally, 30% HRA in lieu of on-campus institute accommodation
Annual contingency grant of Rs. 32000/-
How to Apply:
Requirements for online application submission
New applicants need to create an applicant profile before they can submit their application. The step to register and submit your application for the program are listed below.
Three ways to complete the application
1. Apply & Pay online: Submit the application and make the payment using Credit/Debit card online.
2. Apply online & Pay offline: Get a DD issued in favour of Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, TIFR (payable at Mumbai) and include the DD number & bank details while submitting the application online. Post the DD to the address given at the below.
3. Apply & Pay offline: Get a DD issued in favour of Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, TIFR (payable at Mumbai). Download and complete the PDF Application Form from the Downloads section of this page. Post both the DD and the completed application to the address given at the below.
Exam Fee (Non-Refundable)
· Male Candidate: Rs. 600 for online or manual applications.
· Female Candidate:Rs. 100 for online or manual applications.
Admissions are made initially for six months, renewable every six months up to a maximum of five years.
Continuation is subject to completion of milestones as specified by the subject board.
Offline applicants should send the completed form along with one passport size photograph and a demand draft (non-refundable) of the applicable amount to:
Graduate School Admissions - 2019,
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, TIFR,
V. N. Purav Marg,
Mankhurd, Mumbai 400088.
A written test for eligible applicants will be held at nine centres around the country: Chennai, Bengaluru, Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Bhopal and Guwahati (provisional). Those who qualify will be called for an interview.
Phones: (022) 25072304/25072230; Fax: (022) 25566803; Email: email@example.com
Application submission deadline: 31st March, 2019
Written test: 19th May, 2019
Interview: June 3rd week, 2019
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.hbcse.tifr.res.in