Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER)
The Dean (Academic), III-Floor, Academic Section, JIPMER Academic Centre,
Dhanvantri Nagar P.O, Puducherry 605006.
Contact No: 0413 – 2298288 (Direct Line) 2272380 Extn 8573 Toll Free Help Lines: 18002667072
E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.jipmer.puducherry.gov.in/ www.jipmer.edu.in
Note: For any query related to MBBS Entrance Examination and admission clarifications will be provided ONLY from the above contact numbers and e-mails during office hours (9 AM to 1 PM & 2 to 5 PM).
JIPMER invites Applications for MBBS Entrance Exam 2019 is conducted by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) for admission to MBBS Course for the academic session 2019
awaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry (JIPMER) under Government of India since the year 1956, is one of the leading Medical Institutions of India. Spread over a sprawling 195 acre campus in an urban locale of Puducherry (formerly Pondicherry), JIPMER is 170 kms by road from Chennai.
JIPMER has been declared as an “Institute of National Importance” by an Act of Parliament, JIPMER, Puducherry, Act, 2008. A copy of the Act was Gazette notified on 14-7-2008 to enforce this Act. Prior to this the Institute was functioning under the administrative control of Directorate General of Health Service, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi.
The Institution is now empowered to award Medical Degrees, Diplomas, etc., under the clauses 23 & 24 of the said Act. Such Degrees / Diploma, etc., shall be deemed to be included in the schedules to the respective Acts governing Medical Council of India, Indian Nursing Council and Dental Council of India, entitling the holders to the same privileges as those attached to the equivalent awards from the recognized Universities of India.
DURATION OF COURSE: Duration of the MBBS course is 4 years and 6 months as per the Academic Calendar of JIPMER followed by ONE year of Compulsory Rotator Internship for award of Degree.
DISTRIBUTION OF SEATS: Common Entrance Examination for 200 Seats (150 seats at JIPMER, Puducherry + 50 seats at JIPMER, Karaikal)
· Entrance Examination will be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online] only.
· The examination shall be held on Sunday, 02nd JUNE, 2019.
· The duration of the examination shall be 21⁄2 hours (Two hours and Thirty minutes).
· The Online (CBT) Entrance Examination will be conducted in two shifts:
Morning Shift / First shift: 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM
Afternoon Shift / Second shift: 03:00 PM to 05:30 PM
· Therefore all candidates will be required to appear at CBT Online Entrance Examination, which will be conducted on Sunday, 02nd JUNE, 2019 in either one of the shifts (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM (OR) 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM) as allotted by the competent authority
· The venue, time and shift of the examination will be communicated to the candidates in the Hall Ticket.
· No candidate will be permitted to appear in the examination unless he/she holds a valid "Hall ticket" issued by the Institute and a proof of his / her identification.
METHOD OF ENTRANCE EXAMINATION:
· The examination shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium ONLY.
· The Entrance Examination is common to all and consists of 200 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects. The distribution of number of question is as detailed below:-
English Language and Comprehension: 10
Logical & Quantitative Reasoning: 10
· The questions for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2019 will be based on the syllabus as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards.
· Candidates are advised to go through the Mock Test for computer based Test (online examination). Link for mock test is available on JIPMER’s Website JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination – 2019 link.
(i) The Applicant should be an Indian National / Overseas Citizen of India.
(ii) He/ She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2019, the year of his/her admission to the first year M.B.B.S i.e. they should have been born on or before 01-01-2003. (Request for relaxation from the prescribed age limit will not be considered for any category of applicants).
No upper age limit.
(iii) The applicants should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner as mentioned below:
(a) The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education (Annexure - I list the examinations recognized by JIPMER)
(b) The Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination other than those mentioned Prospectus in the list appended in Annexure – I, will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate before admission is finalized. Obtaining such an Eligibility Certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi is essential for OCI/NRI for admission to JIPMER M.B.B.S. Course.
(c) The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology at the qualifying examination for general (UR) / EWSs category.
(d) For PwD candidates in general category the minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology taken together in the qualifying examination is 45%.
(e) For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes / PwD, the minimum marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology taken together in the qualifying examination is 40%.
Note: Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying Examination in March / April 2019 and whose results have NOT yet been declared can also apply for admission, if other eligibility criteria (i) (ii) & (iii) are satisfied.
Please note that issue of hall ticket for the Entrance Examination does NOT necessarily mean the acceptance of eligibility for candidates whose results of qualifying examinations are yet to be declared.
EXAM CITIES FOR ENTRANCE EXAMINATION:
The examination centres are tentatively proposed in 120 cities across India. List of Cities is mentioned in ANNEXURE- VII (in the Prospectus)
How to Apply:
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION: THROUGH ON-LINE MODE ONLY.
ON LINE APPLICATION USER INTERFACE: ANNEXURE – VIII (in the Prosepectus)
1) Candidates seeking admission to entrance examination are required to apply on-line mode only. (Any other mode of application will not be accepted.)
2) Log on to the website link in the Home page and navigate to the link. “Apply on-line MBBS admission – 2019”.
3) Read the prospectus and instruction carefully.
4) The flow chart for filling application on-line given as Appendix (ANNEXURE – VIII) in the Prospectus.
5) The candidate should acquaint himself / herself with all requirements with regard to filling up the application on-line.
Application fees for each category is as mentioned below to be paid by the candidate using ANY ONE of the following mode of payment.
No other mode of payment will be accepted.
a) Net Banking b) Credit Card* c) Debit Card*
UR & P-UR
Rs.1,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable
OBC & P-OBC
Rs.1,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable
EWSs & P-EWSs
Rs.1,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable
SC/ST & P-SC/ST
Rs.1,200 + Transaction Charges as applicable
Rs.3,000 + Transaction Charges as applicable
Exempted From Application Fees
Invalid & Old Debit and Credit cards to be avoided for making payment.
Note: The candidates are advised to read the Prospectus before starting online registration and ensure that no column should be left blank. Request for rectification of any error committed in the application and refund of fees will not be considered under any circumstances.
On-line Registration from: 6th March, 2019 (Wednesday) 11.00 AM
On-line Registration closes on: 12th April, 2019 (Friday) 5.00 PM
Download of Hall Ticket from JIPMER website (The Hall Tickets will be made available through Internet download ONLY and NOT by Post): 20th May, 2019 (Monday) 10.00 AM to 2nd June, 2019 (Sunday) 8.00 AM
Date of Entrance Examination: 2nd June, 2019 (Sunday)
Time of Entrance Examination (Two Shifts):
· Morning Shift:- 10.00 AM to 12.30 PM
· Afternoon Shift:- 03.00 PM to 05.30 PM
Counseling of Choosing for JIPMER Puducherry (OR) JIPMER Karaikal
Close of Admissions- MBBS 2019 Session 30th September, 2019 (Monday)
To know more Information about this Exam please visit: www.jipmer.puducherry.gov.in