Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, IIIT, Delhi
Okhla Industrial Estate, Phase III (Near Govind Puri Metro Station)
New Delhi, India – 110020
Phone No: 91-11-26907400-7404 (5 lines)
E-mail: email@example.com website: www.iiitd.ac.in
Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi (aka. IIIT-Delhi or IIIT-D) was created as a State University by an act of Delhi Government (The IIIT Delhi Act, 2007) empowering it to do research and development, and grant degrees. In a relatively short time, it has earned an excellent reputation in India and abroad for being a center of quality education and research in IT and interdisciplinary areas. Established in 2008, the institute has grown to be recognized as one of the most promising young institutions for education and research in India. Governed by the able leadership of a distinguished Board of Governors and equipped with highly qualified and accomplished faculty members, the institute has, in a short span of time, established a strong research culture, focused research groups, and innovative education programs. The institute is accredited ‘A’ grade by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) and has been accorded 12-B status by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The institute has its permanent campus in Okhla with start of the art infrastructure and modern facilities. IIIT-Delhi currently has six departments (Computer Science, Electronics and Communication, Computational Biology, Human Centered Design, Social Science and Humanities, and Mathematics); five Research Centres (Infosys Centre for Artificial Intelligence, Centre for Computational Biology, Centre for Design and New Media sponsored by TCS, Centre for Technology and Policing, and Cybersecurity Education and Research Centre); 60+ regular and 20+visiting faculty members, all Ph.D. from world’s best institutes.
PhD in Economics [specializations: Industrial Organization, Behavioural Economics, Game Theory and Market Design, Political Economy and Development]
· MA/MSc/MPhil in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or basic sciences BTech/MTech. in any discipline and/or MBA.
· Students applying with MA/MSc/MPhil need to have secured at least second division (at least 50% marks or 5.5 CGPA on a scale of 10).
· Students applying with BTech/MTech need to have secured at least 70% marks or 7.5 CGPA on a scale of 10.
· Students applying with MBA need to have secured at least 70% marks or 3.0 CGPA on a scale of 4.
· UGC-JRF qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
· Admission is generally offered on the basis of an interview, which may be supplemented by a written test, if necessary. The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic records.
· The final selection will be mainly based on academic credentials, written test and/or interview.
· The candidates who do not qualify in the written test need not appear for an interview. The reserved category candidates will be given due relaxation in cutoff marks as per the norms.
How to Apply:
· Eligible candidates can apply online through official website.
· The online applications portal is available till June 30, 2020, 5 PM.
· Candidates can apply only through the online application portal. There is no provision for offline submission of application forms.
· There is no application fee for the PhD program.
Last date to submit online application: 30th June, 2020
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.iiitd.ac.in