ICMR- Regional Medical Research Centre, RMRC, Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar – 751023, Odisha, India
Phone-No: 91-674-2301322 2301351
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.rmrcbbsr.gov.in
The Regional Medical Research Centre (ICMR), Bhubaneswar is a permanent research centre of Indian Council of Medical Research. The foundation stone of the centre was laid by the then prime minister of India Late Mrs. Indira Gandhi on 29th March 1981.Initially the Center started in a small rental accommodation in 1982 and shifted to the Centre’s own building in year 1990 after completion. The campus of RMRC is located in 20 acres of picturesque landscape in Chandrasekharpur and has its own laboratory –cum- administrative building, animal house, auditorium, guest house & research scholars’ hostel and staff quarters. The concept of Regional Medical Research Centre was evolved during 6th five year plan period in 1980. Under this scheme six RMRCs were set up in different parts of the country. The thrust areas of research and linkages for RMRC, Bhubaneswar have been outlined in the project committee report of ICMR in 1981 under the chairmanship of Prof V Ramalingaswamy and subsequently in the high powered committee report of 1995. For the past 3 decades, the institute has continued to remain as a national and international focus for collaboration in research where clinical, population, laboratory and social sciences are integrated to address the broad issues of health. The strength of these disciplines, combined in a single institution and tightly linked by a common mission, creates a unique multidisciplinary environment for capacity building and research.
Master of Public Health (MPH)
Duration: 2 Years
· Bachelor degree holders of any institute/University recognised by the UGC having secured at least 50% of marks for General & 45% marks for SC/ST Candidates in the relevant subject, such as Medicine, AYUSH, Dental, Allied Medical & Health Sciences, Veterinary Sciences, Nursing, Epidemiology, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Life Sciences, Population Science/ Studies, Statistics, Biostatistics, Demography, Social Sciences, Social Work, Public Health Engineering, Physician Assistant, Nutrition, Home Science, Community Sciences, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Management, Law and Economics.
· Students appearing in the final degree examination can make a provisional application pending publication of results subject to meeting minimum eligibility requirements at the time of interview. Admission to the course is based on the combined result of written test and interview.
· Proof of date of birth.
· Attested copies of all certificates and mark sheets starting from Matriculation.
· Caste certificate/ Certificate claiming reservation (if any) from the competent authority.
· A selection committee constituted by Director, ICMR-RMRC, Bhubaneswar will select the candidate based on following:
a) Review of application form
b) Written test
c) Personal Interview
· Relevant work experience in Public health related activities will be an advantage.
· Reservation/Relaxation will be followed as per norms being followed by Govt. of Odisha/ University.
· Mere possession of eligibility criteria will not entail selection for course. The decision of Director, RMRC, Bhubaneswar regarding selection of candidates & number of seat, within rule shall be final.
· The candidate will be informed by Letter/E-mail regarding date of written test, interview, venue etc.
· All eligible candidates will have to appear an entrance test to be held at RMRC, Bhubaneswar. All the questions are of MCQ type and compulsory. Each question carries 2 marks. One mark will be deducted per wrong answer.
· The questions for entrance examination will cover General Public Health Awareness, Numerical ability, General English including Grammar/ Common errors and Scientific awareness up to +2 levels.
Rs. 50, 000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand only) per annum.
Rs. 600/- (Rupees Six Hundred only)
How to Apply:
· Prescribed application form can be downloaded from institute’s Website www.rmrcbbsr.gov.in & www.icmr.nic.in. The prescribed application form given in the Website should only be used as application form. Any other form will not be considered.
· Application is to be submitted along with the application fee of Rs. 600/- (Rupees Six Hundred only) by means of demand draft drawn in any nationalized bank in favour of the “Director, RMRC” payable at Bhubaneswar. Application without the application fee will not be considered.
· Duly filled in application form with necessary documents and original draft should be sent to “The Director, ICMR-Regional Medical Research Centre, Chandrasekharpur, S. E. Rly. Project P.O., Bhubaneswar, Odisha, PIN-751023”, super scribing “Application for MPH” on the top of the cover.
· The completed application form with enclosures & original draft can also be submitted by hand to Academic Coordinator, MPH up to the last date during office hour (except holidays).
Availability of application form: 09th August, 2019
Last date for receipt of completed applications at RMRC: 10th September, 2019
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.rmrcbbsr.gov.in