Thiruvalluvar University, TU, Vellore
Serkadu, Vellore, Tamil Nadu – 632 115
Phone-No: +91-416-2274755 2274756 2274747 Mob. 6384519121
Email: email@example.com Website: www.tvu.edu.in
The Thiruvalluvar University was established at Vellore by Government of Tamilnadu in October 2002 under the Thiruvalluvar University Act, 2002 (Government of Tamilnadu Act 32 / 2002). The Post Graduate Extension Centre of the University of Madras, which was functioning in Vellore before 2002 formed the core of Thiruvalluvar University. The University was inaugurated on 16.10.2002 as a State University by our Honorable Chief Minister SELVI DR. J. JAYALALITHAA. The University is located in a Sprawling Campus of about 112.68 acres at the Serkkadu near Vallimalai about sixteen km away from the Vellore City on the Ranipet-Chittoor Trunk Road. The University named after the great Tamil Saint “Thiruvalluvar”is enshrined with the motto…
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)/ Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.)
· The candidate’s who are studying Post Graduate programmes and cleared all papers up to III Semester are eligible to apply for M.Phil. / Ph.D. programmes. Further, the candidate should produce the evidence for pass in the final semester along with mark statements at the time of interview.
· University is not responsible for any postal delay or loss in transit.
· If the particulars given by the applicant found incorrect, the applicant is liable for legal action and his/her admission will be cancelled.
· Candidates with a minimum of 55% marks in PG degree be eligible to apply for Ph.D./ M.Phil. and the relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled.
· For Eligibility criteria, the candidates are instructed to read the Regulations of M.Phil. / Ph.D. (2020) which are available in Thiruvalluvar University official website.
· NET / SET / SLET qualified candidates are exempted from appearing Common Entrance Test and No Application fee, however, they need to upload all the required documents in this portal.
· Common Entrance test for both Full-time and Part-time candidates.
· Those who have appeared for the Common Entrance Test alone will be considered for admission to M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes on merit basis.
How to Apply:
Candidates can obtain the application form from website
The non-refundable application fee of Rs.1000/- should be remitted in the Indian Overseas Bank IFSC Code: IOBA0002484, MICR Code: 632020014, Account number: 248401000000001, Account Name: The Registrar, and the original bank challan with UTR number should be enclosed with the application form.
After Submitting the Online Application
1. Bank Challan / online payment receipt.
2. Photocopy of community certificate.
3. Photocopy of proof for Differently abled candidates
4. Photocopy of SSLC, HSC, UG, PG, M.Phil, SET/NET/SLET Certificates
5. Printed version of the online application along with Candidate Signature and Required Attachments should be sent to the Registrar, Thiruvalluvar University, Vellore – 632115, on or before the due date.
Last Date for Online Submission: 25th October, 2019
Last Date for Printed Application with Required documents Submission: 28th October, 2019
Date of Entrance Exam: 2nd November, 2019
Declaration of Results: 5th November, 2019
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.tvu.edu.in