Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, SVIMS, Tirupati
(A University established by an Act of A.P.State Legislature)
Club Alipiri Road
Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh
Phone-No: 91-0877-2287152 2286131
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.svimstpt.ap.nic.in
Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, a tertiary care referral centre and a jewel in the crown of the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams, Tirupati, has established itself as a Medical University of repute with the blessings of Lord Venkateswara. SVIMS hospital has acquired the state-of-art equipment. The sophisticated medical equipment installed in SVIMS will now facilitate diagnosis and treatment of diseases faster and less cumbersome.
It was established with a view to providing Super Specialty facilities with nominal cost to the poor. Its major objectives include service, training and education in advanced medical sciences and technology. SVIMS has well trained, dedicated faculty to serve the poor and needy patients belonging to not only Andhra Pradesh but also several of the neighbouring states as well. During the last two decades, SVIMS has witnessed a phenomenal growth in academic, research and health care services. Particularly heart-warming is the exemplary performance of SVIMS in the implementation of the NTR Vaidya Seva Scheme of Govt. of Andhra Pradesh and the Sri Venkateswara Pranadana scheme of the TTD.
PhD [specializations: Cardiology, Medicine, Nephrology, Physiology, Physiotherapy and Radiotherapy]
· Candidates with MD/MS, DM/MCh or M.Sc. (Medical), or equivalent Master’s degree awarded by a University & recognized by SVIMS are eligible to register for PhD course under Faculty of Medicine/Allied Health Sciences. Candidates with Master’s degree in life sciences/allied health sciences awarded by a University & recognized by SVIMS are eligible to register for PhD course under Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
· Candidates with a PG degree in Physiotherapy i.e., MPT degree awarded by this University or a Master’s degree in Physiotherapy considered as equivalent to MPT by SVIMS University, M.Sc. in Nursing degree awarded by this University or a University recognized by INC or a P.G. degree in Nursing considered as equivalent to MSc, by SVIMS are eligible for enrolment in PhD courses under the Faculty of Paramedical Sciences
· Candidates must have scored a minimum of 55% (aggregate of second and/or third year marks for medical courses). However, a concession of 5% marks is allowed to SC/ST candidates. For MD/MS candidates, the decision of the selection committee appointed by the Director-cum-VC is final
· Candidates with MD/MS, DM/MCh degrees who are themselves acting as chief guides cannot apply
· Post graduate degrees awarded by distance education will not be considered.
· A JRF/SRF working in a project funded by the Institute or any other extramural funding agency and teaching faculty working on ad hoc basis or on daily wage / contract basis can apply for full time registration in a PhD programme. They will be allowed to continue their assignment only if they get provisional registration in the same department where they are working subject to
1. For admission to full time PhD as regular candidates, the age of the candidate should be below 45 years as on 01st July 2019
2. Production of a concurrence certificate from the Principal Investigator/Head of the department (Form A) and
3. An undertaking that he/she will not claim any extension of the tenure of the post or any other benefit whatsoever, linking the claim to his/her registration and pursuance of PhD program (Form B)
The applications should be complete in all respects. Those applications which are incomplete shall be summarily rejected and the decision of the selection committee shall be final. The selection will be made by the committee based on written test and / or interview. The final selection list will be notified and will be communicated to the successful candidates. The selected candidates are required to deposit their fees and undergo medical examination before joining the course. The selected candidates must join within 30 days of the date of communication of the result to him/her
How to Apply:
· Application form and prospectus can be downloaded from the SVIMS website and can be submitted with necessary documents along with DD for Rs.1500/- for OC/BC & Rs.1000/- for SC/ST candidates drawn from a Nationalized Bank in favour of the “Director, SVIMS, Tirupati. Bank Challans, Cheques, Postal Orders and Money Orders will not be accepted
· The filled-in application form along with the photocopies of the following certificates should reach the Registrar, Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati-517507 on or before the last date specified in the application
Last Date for Submission of filled in Application with enclosures: 31st August, 2019
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.svimstp.ap.nic.in