National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test Unit, NTA
Phone No.: 8076535482, 7703859909
Website: www.ntaneet.nic.in Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ministry of Human Resource development (MHRD), Government of India (GOI) has established National Testing Agency (NTA) as an independent autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organisation for conducting efficient, transparent and international standard test in order to access the competency of candidates for admission to premier higher education institutions.
As per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act -1956 and the Dentists Act-1948 and as amended from time to time, NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) 2019 (NEET (UG) - 2019) will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in Indian Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
The NEET (UG) - 2019 will be conducted on Sunday, 5th May, 2019. The responsibility of the NTA is limited to the conduct of the entrance examination, declaration of result and for providing an “All India Rank merit list” to the Directorate General Health Service, Government of India for the conduct of counselling for 15% All India Quota Seats and for supplying the result to States/other Counselling Authorities.
Eligibility to appear in NEET (UG) – 2019
Eligibility for appearing in NEET (UG) is as stipulated in Indian Medical Council Act-1956 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2018.
Eligibility as per related Regulations is as follows:
i. He/she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course.
ii. The upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category and persons entitled for reservation under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
The Age criteria for appearing in NEET (UG) - 2019 is as follows:
· For Candidates of Unreserved Category (UR): born on or between 05.05.1994 and 31.12.2002
· For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC/PwD Category: born on or between 05.05.1989 and 31.12.2002
iii. Indian Citizens/ Overseas Citizens of India intending to pursue MBBS/ BDS from a foreign Medical/ Dental Institute also need to qualify NEET (UG).
(As per letter No. V.11011/14/2018-MEC/MEP dated 17.10.2018 of MoH&FW
Eligibility for seats under the control of States/Deemed Universities/Central Universities/ESIC and AFMC including Delhi University (DU), BHU & AMU/central pool quota.
i. Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons with Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical/Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments, Institutions and the Government of India as the case may be.
ii. Foreign nationals may confirm their eligibility from the concerned Medical/Dental College/State.
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota seats
a) Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals are eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats.
b) Candidates from State of J & K
i. Students from State of J & K are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats as State of J&K has opted out of All India Scheme since its inception. If they claim eligibility, they must submit online Self Declaration which will be generated and printed automatically alongwith confirmation page for the record and to present the same during counselling. The Self-Declaration Form is given in information bulletin.
ii. The online Self Declaration of the candidates will be verified at the time of counselling and if found to be false at any time, the candidature/admission of such candidates shall be cancelled and criminal proceedings may be initiated against such candidates.
iii. Candidates from the State of J & K can appear in NEET (UG) for admission to Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University and Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune subject to the fulfilment of eligibility conditions.
Fee Payable by candidates:
· Unreserved/ Other Backward Classes (OBC): Rs. 1400/-
· SC/ST/PwD/Transgender: Rs. 750/-
Service/Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable
How to Apply:
1. Candidates can apply for NEET (UG) - 2019 only through Online mode.
The Application Form other than online mode will not be accepted, in any case. Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate.
2. Submission of Online Application Form may be done by accessing NTA website www.nta.ac.in / www.ntaneet.nic.in only.
3. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be disqualified.
4. Candidates must ensure that e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on e-mail address or SMS on given Mobile Number only.
5. Instructions for filling Online Application Form:
· Download Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form. Read these carefully to ensure your eligibility.
· Follow the 4 steps given below to Apply Online:
Step-1: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No.
Step-2: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (between 10 kb - 200 kb) and Candidate’s Signature (between 4 kb - 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
Step-3: Make payment of fee using suitable mode of payment through bank as per details given in information Bulletin (Chapter – 4), (mode of submission of Application Form and payment of fee) and keep proof of fee paid.
Step-4: Print at least four printouts of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee.
· All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate times.
1. The final submission of Online Application Form will remain incomplete if Step-2 and Step-3 are not completed. Such forms will stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
2. No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained by NTA under any circumstances.
3. The entire application process of NEET (UG), May 2019 is online, including uploading of scanned images, Payment of Fees, and Printing of Confirmation Page. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA through Post/ Fax/By Hand.
4. Option of medium of paper should be exercised while filling the Application Form and the option once exercised by candidates cannot be changed later.
5. Candidates are advised to visit the NTA website regularly for latest updates.
Candidates are NOT allowed to carry Instrument/ Geometry/ Pencil box, Handbag, Purse, any kind of Paper/ Stationery/ Textual material (printed or written material), Eatables and Water (loose or packed), Mobile Phone/ Ear Phone/ Microphone/ Pager, Calculator, Docu Pen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Camera, Tape Recorder, Watches, microchip or electronic gadgets/ devices in the Examination Hall/Room. Diabetic students will be allowed to carry eatables like sugar tablets/fruits (like banana/apple/ orange) and transparent water bottle to the Examination Hall. However, they will not be allowed to carry packed foods like chocolates/candy/sandwich etc.
On-line submission of Application Form (including uploading of photograph and signature): 1st November, 2018 to 30th November, 2018
Date for successful final transaction of fee: 1st November, 2018 to 1st December, 2018
Through Credit/Debit Card/Net-Banking upto 11:50 p.m. and through e-challan upto bank hours: 1st December, 2018
Date of Examination: 5th May, 2019 (Sunday) From 02:00p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Examination Centre As indicated on Admit Card
Declaration of Result on NTA website By: 5th June, 2019
To know more Information about this Exam please visit: www.ntaneet.nic.in