Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, IISER, Mohali
Knowledge city, Sector 81, SAS Nagar
Menauli PO 140306 Punjab
Phone: 0172-2240086 2240121
Fax: 0172-2240266 2240124
Email: email@example.com Website: www.iisermohali.ac.in
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Mohali envisions a new generation of scientists dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge in frontier areas of basic sciences. In an intellectually vibrant academic environment, IISER Mohali nurtures the basic tenets of science education and research at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In so doing, the institute aims to emerge as a global centre of learning, academic excellence, and innovative research.
Ph.D [Areas of Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Earth & Environmental Sciences and Humanities & Social Sciences]
The applicant should have a Masters degree/ B.Tech/ MBBS/ M.Tech with a good academic record (at least a high second class) and should be GATE/ CSIR or UGC-NET/ JEST/ NBHM-JRF/GPAT/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/DST- INSPIRE qualified in the relevant subject.
Detailed criteria set by individual departments for PhD admissions:
· Department of Biological Sciences: The applicant should have M. Sc./ B. Tech/ MBBS/ M. Tech or equivalent degree and should have a valid GATE(Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Ecology and Evolution) / CSIR-UGC-NET/ ICMR/ DBT/ DST-Inspire fellowship.
· Department of Chemical Sciences: The applicant should have M. Sc./MS degree in Chemistry/ Physics or equivalent with at least 55% marks for General and OBC candidates, and 50% for SC/ST and persons with Disability (PwD), and should have a valid NET/ GATE/ DST-Inspire/equivalent national level fellowship.
Department of Mathematical Sciences: The applicant must have qualified one of the following examinations GATE/CSIR-UGC-NET/NBHM-JRF with Mathematics as the primary subject. Applicants who have obtained the DST-INSPIRE fellowship must have taken Mathematics as their primary subject during their Master's programme. Only applicants with an outstanding academic record and exceptional qualifications will be considered for admission.
· Department of Physical Sciences: The applicant should have a Masters degree in Physics or a Bachelors/Masters degree in Engineering, and should have a valid GATE/ CSIR-UGC-NET-JRF/ JEST/ DST-Inspire fellowship in Physics. The student must have a good academic record in M.Sc. (minimum 55% for General and OBC category, minimum 50% for SC/ST/PD.)
· Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences: The applicant should have M.Sc./ B.Tech/ M. Tech in Atmospheric Sciences/ Earth and Environmental Sciences/ Geology/Chemistry/ Physics/ Environmental Biotechnology/Microbiology/Biotechnology and should have a valid GATE/ CSIR-UGC-NET/ DST-Inspire fellowship.
· Department of Humanities and Social Sciences: The PhD applicant should have M.A./M.Sc./M.Phil degree (minimum 55% for General and OBC category, minimum 50% for SC/ST/PD.) in one or more of the following subjects: Philosophy (Ethics, Indian Philosophy, Analytical Philosophy and Philosophy of Science)/ Sociology/Anthropology/ Palaeoanthropology/Archaeology / Ancient Indian History / Modern Indian History / Urban History / Political Economy / Gender Studies /Urban Studies / English Literature/Postmodernism/ Literary Theory/Science-in-theatre or related areas such as Development Studies, South Asian studies. Apart from applying online, the applicant SHOULD send a statement of proposed research (minimum 1500 words) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the broad subject area (History, Literature, Philosophy etc....) as the subject of the email, failing which the application may not be considered for shortlisting. This email address is meant ONLY for sending the statement of proposed research. Having qualified UGC/NET/NET-JRF/GATE or any other national level eligibility test is required at the time of the PhD application submission. The candidates who have not qualified (including those who are awaiting results) the above mentioned national eligibility tests will not be shortlisted.
How to Apply:
Application procedure: Prospective candidates should apply online using the “Online Application Facility” by visiting the College website. Short-listed candidates will be invited for a screening-test/interview at IISER Mohali. For further details about the program and research areas, please visit College website.
Last Date: The online application facility will be open till 12.00 noon: 22nd October, 2018
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.iisermohali.ac.in