Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, IISER, Thiruvananthapuram
Maruthamala P.O, Vithura
Phone-No: 0471-2597459 2597438
Fax: 0471 2597427 2597438
Email: email@example.com Website: www.iisertvm.ac.in
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram (IISER-TVM) is dedicated to scientific research and science education of international standards. Traditionally, teaching has been segregated from research in undergraduate science curricula in our country. IISERs were established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, to bridge this dichotomy. IISER-TVM started functioning in August 2008. The institute aims to provide high quality education in modern science, integrating it with outstanding research at the undergraduate level itself, and develop a spirit of research cutting across disciplines. The faculty are engaged in research in the frontier areas of basic sciences, with a high degree of autonomy and creativity.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) [Research Areas: Biology, Chemistry and Physics]
Master’s degree in: Biological/Chemical/Physical/Mathematical/Bioinformatics, Agricultural Sciences/Veterinary Sciences/Materials Sciences/Mathematics/Statistics/Engineering/Technology related areas with 60% marks or CGPA of 6.5 (10-PPoint scale). Bachelor degree in: MBBS/engineering (Normal relaxation will be applied as per govt. of india guidelines). Candidates cleared national level examinations (Valid as on January 2019) including CSIR-UGC-JRF/DBT-JRF/ICMR-JRF/GATE/JGEEBILS/DST-INSPIRE/JEST are eligible to apply.
How to apply:
1. Applicants should complete the online application form in the URL http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/phd
[Only Properly submitted applications would be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Do not forget to click the “submit” button after completing your application]
2. Applicants will also be prompted to upload all the supporting documents, like photograph, signature, community certificate and national level examination (CSIR/NBHM/Inspire etc.) online.
3. Applicants should provide Name/Affiliation/Contact number and Email address of two referees in the application form.
4. GE/OBC [SC/ST/PH] applicants are required to make a payment of Rs. 500/- [Rs. 250/-] as processing fee through the https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm
5. On submission of the online application form, the applicants will receive an acknowledgment email with a unique application number.
6. Applicants are NOT required to post hard copy of the application to IISER-TVM.
7. In case of any application related queries, please contact by email, addressed to the PhD coordinator [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Other mode of communication will not be entertained.
8. Mere fulfilling the eligibility criterion does not entitle a candidate to be called for the test and interview.
Last Date of Application: 30th October, 2018 (17:00 IST)
To know more Information about this Course please visit: www.iisertvm.ac.in