National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology, NIELIT, Calicut
Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India
Post Box No. 5, P. O. NIT Campus
Phone-No: 0495 2287266 2287166
Fax: 0495 2287168
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.nielit.gov.in/calicut
National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) is an autonomous body of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Govt. of India. The Centre is a premier organisation for education, training, R&D and consultancy in IT and electronics. The history of NIELIT dates back to 1974 when the Department of Electronics (DoE) now Ministry of Communication Information Technology (MCIT), Govt. of India and the University Grants Commission (UGC) set up the first CEDT within the premises of Indian Institute of Science (IISc.), Bangalore with assistance from Swiss Development Corporation. The objective was to bridge the gap between the academic institutions and industries. A decade after the successful running of CEDT, Bangalore, the then Department of Electronics (DoE), initiated a programme to set up similar centres in other parts of the country with a wider objective to develop human resources at different levels and in different specialised areas of Electronics Design.
MTech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (Embedded Systems)
MTech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (Electronics Design Technology)
a) The candidate shall be an Indian National
b) The candidate should have passed the B.Tech course or equivalent from an institution approved by the All India Council for Technical Education.
c) Candidates should have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the engineering degree examination. For SC/ST candidates, a pass in the engineering degree course is sufficient. For SEBC/PWD candidates, a minimum of 54% (aggregate) marks in the Engineering Degree examination is mandatory.
d) Admission shall normally be restricted to those candidates who have a valid GATE Score.
e) The eligible branches of engineering for each M.Tech are given under the respective program.
I. Electronics & Communication Engineering (Embedded Systems)
· Electronics/ Electronics and Communication/ Electronics and Instrumentation
· Electrical and Electronics
· Applied Electronics and Instrumentation/ Instrumentation and Control
· Computer Science/ Computer Science and Engg.
· Information Technology
· Biomedical Engg/ Electronics and Biomedical Engg/ Biomedical Instrumentation Engg.
And Valid GATE score in Electronics/ Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Computer Science/ IT/ Biomedical engineering subjects.
II. Electronics & Communication Engineering (Electronics Design Technology)
· Electronics and Communication Engg.
· Electrical and Electronics Engg
· Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engg/ Electronics and Instrumentation Engg./Instrumentation and Control Engg.
· Electronics and Biomedical Engg.
And valid GATE score in Electronics/ Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Biomedical engineering subjects.
f) However Non GATE candidates can also apply. They will be considered against the vacancies due to lack of candidates with valid GATE score. These unfilled GATE seats will be first filled with NON GATE candidates from Kerala State based on nativity certificate. They have to produce nativity certificate. If seats are still remaining vacant, candidates from other states will be considered for admission.
g) Candidates who have passed AMIE/AMIETE Examination in Electronics and satisfying the following conditions are also eligible for admission.
I. They must have a valid GATE score
II. A Minimum marks of 55% in section B in AMIE/AMIETE Examination
III. Minimum 2 years of professional experience in the field of specialization after acquiring the qualifying degree.
h) Candidates who have appeared for the final semester examination may also apply provided he / she has passed all the subjects up to and including the 6th semester. Those who are having valid GATE score and who are waiting for the result of the supplementary examinations of the above or previous semesters can also apply. Confirmation of admission of such candidates shall be subject to the production of qualifying degree -satisfying clauses (a) to (d) as applicable on or before September 2, 2019. Such candidates may be considered for provisional admission. Any candidate admitted provisionally as mentioned above shall have to discontinue the course, if he/she does not produce the final complete mark list and provisional/ degree certificate on or before 02.09.2019 and the fees paid by them will not be refunded.
How to Apply:
1. Candidates should apply on-line. After filling all the required fields, a print out of the application should be taken and sent to the M.Tech coordinator, NIELIT Calicut along with the appropriate application fees. On-line application link is - https://www.calicut.nielit.in/mtech/MTechApplication.aspx
2. In case the on-line mode is not possible, candidates may contact the M.Tech coordinator by mail, email@example.com or by mobile, 9446012566.
3. A passport size photograph taken not earlier than 3 months is to be affixed on the Application Form. The photo in the application should be self-attested.
4. The following documents should be enclosed along with the application:
i. Copies of the Mark Lists & Degree Certificate of the Qualifying Examination.
ii. Course Completion Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied and attested copies of Mark Lists up to the pre-final semester/ pre-final year for those who have appeared in the qualifying examination and are awaiting results.
iii. Copy of the GATE Score Card (if applicable).
iv. Copy of professional experience for AMIE/AMIETE (if applicable).
v. Copy of Community Certificate (as per Annexure 2 in the Brochure) in the case of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates from a competent authority not below the rank of a Tahsildar.
vi. Copy of Community and Income certificate issued by the Village Officer in the case of candidates who claim eligibility under SEBC.
vii. Copy of Nativity Certificate in the case of NON GATE candidates from Kerala State issued by the Village Officer.
viii. Copy of proof of Date of Birth.
ix. Copy of Sponsorship Certificate (as per Annexure 1 in the Brochure) and Experience Certificate in the case of Sponsored Candidates (if applicable).
x. Physical disability certificate (if applicable).
xi. Proof of payment of application fee of Rs 1000.00 for general and Rs 500.00 for SC/ST candidates.
5. A single application form with the above amount is sufficient for both programs. Preferences should be clearly mentioned in the application form.
6. The application with all the above enclosures should be sent by Registered Post/Speed Post on or before 5.30 pm of 07-06-2019 so as to reach the ‘M.Tech Coordinator, NIELIT, PB No. 5, NIT Campus P.O, Calicut – 673 601 Kerala’.
Last Date for submission of online application: 31st May, 2019
Last Date for Receipt of Completed Application forms at NIELIT Calicut (before 5.00 pm): 7th June, 2019
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.iiseradmission.in