S N Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, SNBNCBS, Kolkata
JD Block, Sector-III, Salt Lake City
Kolkata, West Bengal - 700106, India
Phone-No: +91-33-23351313 0312 3057 3061 5705 6 7 8
Fax: +91-33-23353477 1364 2733 9176
Email: email@example.com Website: www.bose.res.in
S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences is an Autonomous Research Institute established under Department of Science and Technology, Government of India in 1986 as a Registered Society. The Centre was established to honour the life and work of Professor S. N. Bose who was a colossal in theoretical physics and has made some of the most fundamental conceptual contributions in the development of Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Statistics. In the last 25 years, the Centre has emerged as a major institution for research and development in Basic Sciences, specifically in the area of physical sciences and related disciplines. The Centre, while focusing on basic research, has also made a new move to contribute in application driven basic research, in particular, in areas of national needs. Situated on a 15 acre lush-green picturesque campus in Salt Lake, the Centre is engaged in basic research (theoretical, computational and experimental) in selected areas of Physical and Chemical Sciences including Theoretical Sciences, Astrophysics and Cosmology, Condensed Matter Physics and Material Sciences, Nanosciences and Chemical and Biological Physics.
Summer Research Programme
Students in first / second year of M.Sc. or 4th / 5th year of Integrated M.Sc. in Physical, Chemical (including Biophysics, Biochemistry, Nanotechnology and Chemical Biology) and Mathematical Sciences (including Applied Mathematics).
Duration: The project will be for a period of eight weeks (with no break) under the supervision of a Faculty Member of SNBNCBS in an area of mutual interest. Stay for a period less than eight weeks will not be entertained.
· On-campus accommodation is mandatory, and is chargeable (or deductible from fellowship amount), as per rule.
· Candidates in the second list, if any, will not receive any fellowship from SNBNCBS. They can receive the same from the project of the supervisor, if any. However, hostel rent is chargeable as per rule of the Centre.
· Access to computer and library facilities will be provided as per rule of the Centre.
· Each candidate must submit a formal Joining report within first day of joining, containing abstract of the project and bank account details.
· Candidates who have INSPIRE or other fund support must inform that clearly in their application.
· At the end of the project, students are required to give a presentation of their work and also submit a project report for the award of completion certificate.
· Selected candidates must abide by the rules and regulations applicable to the regular students of SNBNCBS.
· The Centre will provide each student an honorarium of Rs 2,000 per week to cover the hostel and other expenses.
· The outstation students will be reimbursed with AC III Tier return Train Fare (except Rajdhani, Duronto and similar trains) between their place of work or residence and Kolkata.
How to Apply:
· Interested students with consistently good academic record may directly write to the Convener, Visitor, Associates & Students’ Programme (VASP) or firstname.lastname@example.org with a preference list of two Faculty members with whom they would like to associate.
· The list of members of the faculty of the Centre and their fields of research are available in the website of the Centre. Students must contact and get consent of the respective faculty members before sending the application.
· A Letter of Recommendation by the Head of the Department or by a senior member of the Faculty, who has taught the student, should accompany the application.
Selected candidates’ list will be published by second week of April 2020 in the web-page of the Centre.
For any queries, please write to:
Convener, Visitor, Associes & Students Programme (VASP)
Last date for receipt of completed application form: 25th March, 2020
Summer research programme begins: 1st May, 2020
Summer research programme duration is eight weeks (any time between May – July 2020)
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.bose.res.in