Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, IISER, Pune
900, NCL Innovation Park, Dr Homi Bhabha Road
The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier institute dedicated to research and teaching in the basic sciences. Established in 2006, the institute falls under the purview of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (vide communication F.No. 22-8/2006-TS.1). As a unique initiative in science education in India, IISER aims to be a Science University of the highest caliber devoted to both teaching and research in a totally integrated manner, with state-of-the-art research and high quality education, thus nurturing both curiosity and creativity.
IISER Pune has initiated a 5 years Integrated Masters programme and a post-Masters Ph.D. programme in Integrated Sciences in an intellectually vibrant atmosphere of research. Apart from classroom instruction, IISER builds student skills in areas such as scientific inquiry, problem solving, communication skills, computational sciences, electronics and instrumentation and workshop practices. IISER plans to develop advanced teaching and research labs where students will have the opportunity to pursue experiments as well as advanced research under the mentorship of world-class faculty. Eventually, this should make education and careers in basic sciences more exciting and rewarding.
We dedicate ourselves to learn, teach and serve society through excellence, in education research and public service, create learning and a working environment based on integrity, fairness, dignity and professionalism to provide equal opportunities for all and to develop and encourage a sense of environmental responsibility.
BS-MS Dual Degree Programme
in Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, IISER, Pune
BS-MS Dual Degree Programme Admission 2016
Eligibility and Selection Procedure for BS-MS Dual Degree Programme in Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, IISER, Pune
There are three channels of admission. Candidates will be admitted to IISER only through these channels.
1. Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
2. Joint Entrance Examination of Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT–JEE) channel
3. State and Central Boards Channel (SCB) channel
These channels will be referred to as KVPY, IIT-JEE and SCB respectively
General rules applicable to all the three channels.
· Students passing (10+2) examination in the current year (2017) and the previous year (2016) are only eligible for taking admission.
· Indian nationals, and students belonging to PIO or OCI category are eligible to apply provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria described below.
Candidates who have valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2017-18 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions. Additional cut off criteria may be applicable.
Candidates securing at least 60% marks in class XII and securing a place in JEE Advanced 2017 rank list for admissions to IIT’s. Additional cut off criteria may be applicable.
How To Apply:
Application Procedure for BS-MS Dual Degree Programme in Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, IISER, Pune
· Applications for the admission are to be submitted online only at website
· The application portal will open in the fourth week of May 2017
· Please follow the instructions for filling the application form and other relevant details on the website
· There is a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 1500/- (Rs. 750/- for candidates applying under SC/ST category)
Please go through the FAQ section on the website carefully before filling up the form. All inquiries must be directed to The Chairperson, Joint Admissions Committee 2017
To know more Information about course please visit: www.iiserpune.ac.in