Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, IISER, Pune
900, NCL Innovation Park, Dr Homi Bhabha Road
Email: email@example.com Website: www.iiserpune.ac.in
The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier institute dedicated to research and teaching in the basic sciences. Established in 2006, the institute falls under the purview of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (vide communication F.No. 22-8/2006-TS.1). As a unique initiative in science education in India, IISER aims to be a Science University of the highest caliber devoted to both teaching and research in a totally integrated manner, with state-of-the-art research and high quality education, thus nurturing both curiosity and creativity.
Ph.D [Areas of Research: Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Climate Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Humanities & Social Sciences and inter-disciplinary areas of research]
Students with a Master’s degree in Science / Mathematics or a four-year Bacherlor degree with at least 60% marks (aggregate) are encouraged to apply to our PhD programme. In addition to the qualifying degree, we expect the students to have qualified a national examination such as CSIR-UGC NET/GATE/JEST/NBHM/JGEEBILS, etc. depending on their area of research interest. Students will be selected to the PhD programme based on performance in the interviews.
Please note that the precise eligibility criterion for each year may vary from department to department and will be announced at the time of intake.
How to Apply:
1. Only online applications will be accepted.
2. The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form on or before the specified date.
3. After the last date, all applications will be screened and candidates selected for interviews will be intimated by email.
1. All communication with candidates will be by email only.
2. Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
3. In case of any application-related queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with your application number mentioned in the subject line.
4. Candidates who are appearing or are about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree program are eligible to apply for PhD program. However, if selected, admission to the PhD program would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, before 1st January 2020
5. Selection will be based on interviews of the short-listed candidates.
6. Relaxation of eligibility criteria for SC/ST and PD applicants will be as per Government of India norms. Candidates belonging to reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates, if selected.
7. Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. The respective departments may use additional criteria (based on academic performance and/or performance in the national level tests) in order to shortlist candidates for interviews depending on the number of applications received.
To know more Information about this course please visit: www.iiserpune.ac.in