Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, IISER, Kolkata
IIT Kharagpur Extension Centre, Block-HC, Sector-III, Salt Lake City
Kolkata, West Bangal
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.iiserkol.ac.in
The basic idea of IISER is to create research Universities of the highest calibre in which teaching and education will be totally integrated with the state of the art research. These Universities are devoted to Undergraduate and Postgraduate teaching in sciences in an intellectually vibrant atmosphere of research. One of the important objectives of creating these Universities is to make education and careers in basic sciences more attractive by providing opportunities in integrative teaching and learning of sciences and break the barriers of traditional disciplines.
BS-MS Dual Degree Programme [Offered Majors: Biological, Chemical, Geological, Mathematical and Physical Sciences]
Duration: 5 Years
Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent level exam with science stream in 2018 or 2019 are eligible to apply for admissions. Candidates will be admitted to IISER only through following three channels.
1. Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
2. Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) of the Indian Institutes of Technology
3. State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
These channels will be referred to as KVPY, JEE, and SCB, respectively.
Indian nationals and students belonging to PIO or OCI category are eligible to apply provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria described below.
Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2019-20 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable.
Candidates in General category securing a rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2019 are eligible to apply. For candidates belonging to the reserved category (OBC-NC, SC, ST, PD), their category rank should be within 10000. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable.
· Students who have passed 10+2 level with science stream in 2018 or 2019 are eligible to apply for admissions and appear for IAT 2019.
· However, they will be considered for admissions to the degree programmes only if they obtain the cut-off marks specified for their board.
· Students applying through SCB channel will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) which will be conducted at various centres across the country.
· IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) 2019 will be conducted in a fully computer-based test mode.
How to Apply:
· Applications for admission are to be submitted online only through the website.
· Please follow the instructions for filling the application form and other relevant details (available on the website). Please go through the FAQ section on the website carefully before filling up the form.
· there is a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 2000/- (Rs. 1000 for SC/ST and PD Candidates)
IAT 2019 will be held on Thursday, 6th June, 2019
Application portal through SCB channel is open. Application deadline has been extended to Monday, 6th May, 2019, 9 AM.
Integrated Doctor of Philosophy (IP) [Offered Majors: Biological, Chemical, Geological, Mathematical and Physical Sciences]
Students with a B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.B.B.S. or an equivalent degree from any recognized University/Institute/College can apply for the Integrated PhD Programme in Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Physical Sciences.
Minimum Qualifying marks: Candidates need to secure a minimum of 60% marks/equivalent grades in Honours/Major (if applicable), or 60% marks/equivalent grades in Aggregate (if Honours/Major is not applicable). Those who are appearing in the final examination of their degree course can also apply; for them, the eligibility marks are 60% based on the marks obtained in the undergraduate examinations held till the date of submission of the application form.
Reservations for candidates will be as per Govt.of India norms.
The qualifying marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates are 50% as per Central Government relaxation policy.
Scholarship: All selected students are offered a monthly scholarship.
Who can apply?
Please note that applicants who have qualified in the following nationwide aptitude tests in the year 2019 only can apply for the programme :
For Biological Sciences: JAM (Biology and Biotechnology) / JGEEBILS
For Chemical Sciences: JAM (Chemistry)
For Earth Sciences: (a) JAM (Geology) OR (b) JAM Chemistry for research in Environmental Science OR (c) JAM Physics for research in Computational Minerology
For Mathematical Sciences: JAM (Mathematics)
For Physical Sciences: JAM (Physics)/JEST (Physics)
How to Apply:
The applicants should open the link given on the website (Submit New Application) and properly fill the application form as instructed and submit. Applicants should save the properly filled application form and take a print as the hard copy of the application.
Selected candidates for interview should bring a printout of application form along with the required documents listed below at the time of interview:
1. Attested copies of mark sheets and certificates of all examinations starting from secondary examination.
2. Original/Self Attested copy of the qualifying examination certificate.
3. Confidential recommendation letters of assessment (signed hardcopy) of the applicant from two teachers who have taught courses and would be able to evaluate the student as a potential research worker. The teachers should seal the envelopes and sign across the flaps.
4. Proof of qualification in nationwide aptitude tests.
5. Photo identity.
6. Proof of age.
7. Statement of Purpose mentioning research interest and potential supervisors (if any).
Application portal closes: 10th May, 2019
PhD for International Students
Only foreign nationals can apply. At the time of admission, the applicants must have a Master's degree in science with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent.
· The application should include details of nationality, department to which applying, subject of research interest, Curriculum Vitae, and the names and e-mail addresses of two referees (teachers or thesis supervisors at the master's level who can give letters of recommendation).
· Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
· Scans of the first and last pages of passport, academic tract record, and transcripts have to be submitted as attachments.
How to Apply:
International students can apply via two streams:
· One may directly apply to IISER Kolkata through e-mail to the address "firstname.lastname@example.org".
· One may also apply through the 'Study in India' Programme launched by the Ministry of Human Resource Development
Last date for Application is: 6th May, 2019
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.iiserkol.ac.in