Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, DIAT, Pune
(Deemed to be University Under Section 3 of UGC Act 1956)
Girinagar, Pune, Maharashtra
Phone-No: 020 - 24389-444 -550 Direct: 020- 24389426 24389427 24389428
Fax: 020- 24389411 24389509
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.diat.ac.in
The Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, (DIAT) as it is known today, came into being as the Institute of Armament Studies in 1952 in the CME campus. In 1967, the Institute was renamed as "Institute of Armament Technology, (IAT)", which moved to its present location at Girinagar, Pune. From the relatively narrow scope of Armament Studies alone in the Fifties, the role of the Institute was considerably enlarged by the Defence R&D Council in 1964 and further in 1981. On the basis of accreditation by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), Pune University recognised eight courses for the award of ME degree in 1980. In the year 2000, the Institute acquired the status of a Deemed University. IAT has been renamed as DIAT w.e.f. 1st April 2006.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) [Deptt.: Metallurgical & Materials Engg, Aerospace Engg, Applied Mathematics, Mechanical Engg, Computer Science & Engg., Electronics Engg, Applied Physics, Applied Chemistry, Technology Management] (Under Institutional Scholarship Category) January-2020 Batch
A candidate, seeking admission to the Ph.D. program, shall be required to have passed the qualifying examination securing at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA/DGPA. A relaxation of 5 % of marks may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non creamy-layer) / PWD - (Divyang) categories. The qualifying degrees are:-
a) Master of Engineering/Master of Technology (or equivalent) for Ph.D. in Engineering/Science.
b) Master in Science (M.Sc. or equivalent) for Ph.D. in Science
A candidate who has passed the qualifying examination with the requisite percentage of marks as prescribed above and who fulfill the following requirement may be considered for admission to the Ph.D. programme:-
a) Qualified in a national level test such as, CSIR/UGC NET , Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE), Rajiv Gandhi National fellowship, subject wise and category wise GATE/NET cut off will be decided by DIAT.
b) Age limit
Not above 30 years as on 10th Dec 2019.
Relaxations as per GOI rules apply to SC / ST / OBC / PH applicants.
· The Institute shall implement the reservation policy in Ph.D. admission in accordance with relevant act of Parliament being in-force from the time.
· A physically Handicapped SC/ST/OBC candidate shall not get double benefit of being an SC/ST/OBC as also a PWD candidate.
Selection: Admission to Ph.D. will be based on the performance in the entrance exam (written test) conducted by the department concerned followed by a personal interview.
a) The selected Ph.D. candidates against this admission notice, admitted as full-time Ph.D. students will be provided financial assistance as per Institute rules, in force from time to time. The Ph.D. students (who are provided Institute fellowship) will be required to assist in research and teaching activities for a maximum of 10 hours per week in addition to their own duties.
b) In addition to the Ph.D. scholarship, such candidates would also be entitled for contingency grant (presently `15,000/- per year) in accordance with the decisions of the Institute.
Boarding / Lodging:
Selected candidates will be provided hostel accommodation (Exclusive Girls Hostel available). Mess facilities are available on payment basis. The present monthly charges towards boarding and lodging are ` 7000/- (subject to revision). However, ` 40,000/- is to be deposited at the beginning of each Semester towards lodging and boarding charges, in advance. A security deposit of ` 10,000/- would need to be paid to Hostel Office.
How to Apply:
Application form is available at Institutes website. Application fee of Rs. 500/- for General / OBC category (Rs. 250/- for SC/ST & Women candidates) per programme is required to be paid either online (through State Bank collect) or by Demand Draft drawn in favour of Vice Chancellor, DIAT, Pune, payable at Pune. The filled application form in the prescribed proforma has to be forwarded in a sealed envelope, super scribed “Application for Admission to PhD Programme in the Department of ______” to the Joint Registrar (Academics), Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune 411025 along with the DD / online generated receipt and self certified copies of mark lists, certificates and other testimonials. These documents should reach DIAT latest by on or before 10th Dec 2019. Postal delay will not be entertained. Candidates seeking admission to more than one Department need to apply separately.
· Since the applications may be short listed, mere possessing of the prescribed qualifications would not entitle a person to be called for test/interview. The Institute may restrict the number of candidates to be called for test / interview to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualifications / marks higher than that of the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
· For short listing of candidates, the department screening committee may decide subject-wise and category wise GATE/NET Cut off.
· Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fees once paid will not be refunded on any count nor can it be held in reserve for any other admission process
· Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification. Postal delay shall not be entertained.
· No correspondence will be entertained in respect of advertisement, interview, selection etc. The list of Shortlisted candidate will be displayed on website along with other information viz. date of Interview / Written Test / Result. The candidates are requested to check the DIAT (DU) Website for related information from time to time.
Last Date of receipt of Hard copy of application: 10th December, 2019
Tentative Date of Written Test / Interview: 3rd / 4th week of December, 2019
Tentative date of commencement of the programme: 1st Week of January, 2020
To know more Information about this course please visit: www.diat.ac.in