Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, DIAT, Pune
(Deemed to be University Under Section 3 of UGC Act 1956)
Girinagar, Pune, Maharashtra
Phone-No: 020 - 24389-444 -550 Direct: 020- 24389426 24389427 24389428
Fax: 020- 24389411 24389509
Email: email@example.com Website: www.diat.ac.in
The Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, (DIAT) as it is known today, came into being as the Institute of Armament Studies in 1952 in the CME campus. In 1967, the Institute was renamed as "Institute of Armament Technology, (IAT)", which moved to its present location at Girinagar, Pune. From the relatively narrow scope of Armament Studies alone in the Fifties, the role of the Institute was considerably enlarged by the Defence R&D Council in 1964 and further in 1981. On the basis of accreditation by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), Pune University recognised eight courses for the award of ME degree in 1980. In the year 2000, the Institute acquired the status of a Deemed University. IAT has been renamed as DIAT w.e.f. 1st April 2006.
M.Sc in Food Technology
Duration: 2 Years
Basic graduate degree in Food Science / Food Technology / Nutrition / Sciences / Engineering / Agriculture / veterinary discipline. At least candidate must have science background at 10+2 level.
Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional criteria set by the department from time to time will be called for Test/ Interview by Selection committee.
How to Apply:
Duly filled-in application in the prescribed proforma may be forwarded to the Joint Registrar (Academics), DIAT (DU), Girinagar, Pune-411025 so as to reach on or before 24th April 2020.
· A sponsored candidate must be in service of the sponsoring organization. The sponsoring organization must specifically undertake to provide full salary to the candidate and to relieve him/her to pursue the course for its full duration.
· The sponsored candidates seeking admission to the M.Sc in Food Technology course will be selected based on their performance in the interview.
· Self-Sponsored candidates are not eligible for this course.
Last Date of Application: 24th April, 2020
Master of Technology (M.Tech) [Areas: Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Technology Management]
· Qualification: Candidates who are desirous to join the above mentioned M. Tech Programmes in DIAT must have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology or a Master's degree in Science as applicable to the programme@ with 55% aggregate marks/5.5 CGPA and valid GATE score.
· Age Limit: Not more than 26 years as on 01 July 2020. Relaxations as per GOI rules apply to SC / ST / OBC / PH applicants
· Admission to the M. Tech programme shall be made directly based on GATE score. Candidates are required to submit separate applications for each specialization. Admission to a specialization shall be made based on separate GATE discipline wise merit list. DIAT reserves the right to offer the specialization on given M Tech programme.
· Candidates under sponsored category (MoD sponsored) will be admitted through Research & Training (R & T) and Postgraduate Training (PGT) schemes for DRDO and Tri-services Officers including Coast Guard respectively. Such candidates need to apply through their employer. These admissions shall be operated jointly by DIAT and RAC/DRDO (through DHRD/DRDO).
· Candidates under non-MoD sponsored category (DPSUs/Industry) will be admitted through by his/her employer .A separate selection committee appointed specifically for the purpose will examine the suitability/ eligibility. Such sponsored candidate must be in service of the sponsoring organization. The sponsoring organization must specifically undertake to provide full salary to the candidate and to relieve him/her to pursue the programme for its full duration. Sponsored candidates are exempted from qualifying GATE requirement and there is no age limit. @ NOTE: Refer the Institute website (www.diat.ac.in) for the details of eligibility w.r.t. the specialization.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates under Scholarship Category should apply ONLINE only. The application fee for each program (specialisation) is Rs 500/- for General, OBC & EWS Category and Rs. 250/- for women and other reserved category (SC/ST/PWD) candidates. The application can be paid online or by Demand Draft drawn in favour of Vice Chancellor, DIAT, payable at Pune. The application fee is non-refundable.
NOTE: Candidates applying for admission to any Post Graduate Programme at DIAT must ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria on the prescribed date. If on verification at any time before or after the admission, it is found that they don’t fulfil any of the eligibility criteria or it is found that the information furnished is false or in correct, their candidature will be cancelled.
Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website: 17th April, 2020
Last Date for Receipt of Hard Copy of Application (By speed post): 24th April, 2020
PG Diploma in Fire Engineering and Integrated Safety (only for Sponsored category)
Basic Graduates in any Branch of Science/ Engineering with Mathematics+ 2 level.
1. A sponsored candidate must be in service of the sponsoring organization. The sponsoring organization must specifically undertake to provide full salary to the candidate and to relieve him/her to pursue the course for its full duration.
2. The sponsored candidates seeking admission to PG Diploma in Fire Engineering and Integrated Safety course will be selected based on their performance in the interview.
3. Self- Sponsored candidates are not eligible for this course
Master of Science (MS) (BY RESEARCH) (Only for candidates sponsored by DRDO/MoD)
Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Technology or a Master's degree in appropriate Sciences with a good academic record.
Candidates having Associate Membership of the following professional bodies will also be eligible for admission to the M.S. programme of their parent discipline provided they have passed both part A and part B of the Membership examinations with a good academic record. :
The Institution of Engineers (India) (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communications), The Aeronautical society of India, The Indian Institute of Metals, The Indian Institute of chemical Engineers, The Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
Note : Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes who have passed the basic qualifying degree as stated above ( for all academic programs), are eligible to apply irrespective of the marks /CGPA/CPI and will be considered for admission.
Eligible candidate possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional criteria set by the department from time to time will be called for Test/Interview by Selection committee.
How to Apply:
1. Admission Notice has been published on 16th March 2020, in the leading news-papers and DIAT website, for admission to various Post-Graduate Programme for July 2020.
2. Application must be submitted online (through DIAT website) by paying necessary application fee and as per the instructions, mentioned in the admission notice. Application fee [presently- Rs.500/- for General OBC and EWS candidates (250/- for SC/ST, women, PWD candidates) per programme (specialization) is required to be paid through online or by Demand Draft drawn in favour of Vice Chancellor, DIAT, Pune, payable at Pune. The Photograph, Signature, proof of date of birth, Certificate of qualifying degree category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/PWD) wherever applicable, must be uploaded during online application process. A print out of the application acknowledgement generated by the system after uploading of the application has to be forwarded in a sealed envelope super scribed the name of M. Tech Program to the Joint Registrar (Academics), Defence Institute of Advance Technology, Pune 411025 along with the DD drawn (if any)/proof of online payment and with the self certified copies of mark lists, certificates and other testimonials. These documents should reach DIAT latest by the prescribed date. Application will be processed only on receipt of the acknowledgement with DD/proof of online payment. Also, candidates seeking admission to more than one program (specialization) need to apply separately.
Last date for accepting online application form: 17th April, 2020
Last date of receipt of Hard copy of application 24th April, 2020
To know more Information about this course please visit: www.diat.ac.in