Jawaharlal Nehru University, JNU, New Delhi
A Deemed University
New Mehrauli Road
New Delhi, Delhi
Phone-No: 91-11-26717676 26717557
Email: email@example.com Website: www.jnu.ac.in
The bill for the establishment of Jawaharlal Nehru University was placed in the Rajya Sabha on September 1, 1965 by the then Education Minister, Mr M.C. Chagla. During the discussion that followed, Hon. M.P. Mr. Bhushan Gupta voiced the opinion that this should not be yet another university. New faculties should be created, including scientific socialism, and one thing that this university should ensure was to keep noble ideas in mind and provide accessibility to students from weaker sections of society. The JNU Bill was passed in Lok Sabha on 16th November 1966 and the JNU Act came into force on 22nd April, 1969.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Course offered by Atal Bihari Vajpayee School of Management and Entrepreneurship (ABVSME)
Duration: 2 Years
The candidates having the following qualifications are eligible to apply for admission to the “Master in Business Administration” (MBA) programme
• A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent awarded by any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
• For General Category candidates a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) or equivalent CGPA in the qualifying degree is required.
• For OBC candidates a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) or equivalent CGPA in the qualifying degree is required.
• For SC/ST/PWD candidates a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) or equivalent CGPA in the qualifying degree is required.
• Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if she/he submits a certificate by certain date (to be decided by the University in due course).
Process for admission in the MBA programme:
• Candidates should first apply online on the JNU website
• For the details of the syllabus, please see the ABVSEM website: www.jnu.ac.in
• For any further query the Dean, ABVSME, can be contacted on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intake for the MBA programme
ABVSME, JNU, would take 50 students each year for its MBA programme.
How to Apply:
• Application Fees: Applicants for the MBA programme at Atal Bihari Vajpayee School of Management and Entrepreneurship, JNU, have to pay the following application fees (non-refundable).
• Rs. 2000 (two thousand) only for General Category and OBC applicants.
• Rs. 1000 (one thousand) only for SC/ST/PWD applicants.
• A candidate has to appear for the Common Admission Test (CAT) in 2018 conducted by IIMs. Any candidate applying to get admission into the JNU MBA programme must submit his/her CAT Test Registration Number.
• JNU will use CAT scores for short-listing/selecting the candidates for the MBA programme. IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
• Those having applied to the MBA programme of ABVSME, JNU, on qualifying the CAT will be shortlisted and then invited for an interview.
• Common Admission Test (CAT), 2018, scores will be used for short-listing candidates for interviews for admission in the MBA programme of ABVSME, JNU. At least three times the number of intake in each category would be shortlisted for interviews.
• The final list of selected candidates will be based on CAT scores and the marks obtained in the interview. The weightage on CAT scores shall be 70% and the weightage of marks obtained in the interviews shall be 30%.
• ABVSME, JNU, will strictly follow the reservation policy as per Government of India rules.
• Since MBA is a professional course, no additional deprivation points (as it may be the case in some other JNU courses) will be taken into consideration for admission.
Start of Online Application Process: 20th January, 2019 (From 10 a.m.)
Closing of Online Application Process: 1st March, 2019 (till 11.59 p.m.)
Dates for MBA Viva/Interview of Shortlisted candidates: 15th, 16th and 18th April, 2019
Final Results to be declared: 26th April, 2019
Booking of Seats: Start 3rd May, 2019 (10.00 a.m.); Closing 6th May, 2019 (till 11.59 p.m.)
Second List (if required): 10th May, 2019
Booking of Seats: Start: 10th May, 2019 (from 10 a.m.); Closing 14th May, 2019 (till 11.59 p.m.)
To know more Information about this Course please visit: www.jnu.ac.in